PK-111 JU.87' Stuka G.1/D.3

old thumper

Hopefully my first of many entries into this group build, it's the good old Stuka kit.

First of all the artwork featuring a diving Panzerknacker. 

37838430542_21809e231a_k.jpg

And now the parts.

24016821838_bb1f34584c_k.jpg

37869735431_6f59605d3b_k.jpg

37612309410_277a1c8ba1_k.jpg

Briefly.

The Stuka is one of the Matchbox kits that until now I have never built, I remember the artwork well and always fancied it so looking forward to this.

The parts look pretty good so at the moment I'm thinking that I will just follow my usual Matchbox kit building procedure. I will be building the revell kit alongside it to help as a guide to improvements, depending on which version I build the Revell kit may provide a few spare parts to the Matchbox build. The Matchbox build will have to be the canon armed JU87 G, the Revell build probably a winter camouflaged JU 87D, in which case the Revell guns and decals will most probably find themselves on the Matchbox build.

24016789038_ff715e8231_k.jpg

Edited by old thumper
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Great choice OT,

Can't wait to see this one build up. Didn't Revell re box the Matchbox kit as well? 

Cheers Greg :clap:

Thanks.

To be honest I bought the Revell Stuka expecting it to be a re-box of the old Matchbox kit. It turns out though that Revell released their own Ju 87 D/G kit a year or so before Matchbox released theirs, and both kits even have very similar decal options. I hate to say it but the Revell kit looks the better of the two, but then I haven't built either yet. So no Revell never released the Matchbox Stuka under the Revell brand name.

• Like 3

Great choice and it is very nice too see this kit again build.

Revells Ju 87 D/G looked a bit better IMHO so i am looking really forward to your builds.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...