Revell 1/32 Sea Lynx Mk88A

dan.lord

Hi all I've just brought this Kit, & wanted to build it as a RN version. I noticed that there are several parts not.used in this Kit, which make the version I want to build. Obviously at some stage they made this version as a Kit, but I can't find any information on it. Does anyone know of it, or have a set of instructions they could scan for me ? Also are there any decal sets available ? Cheers Dan.

Hi thanks for the replies 👍👍 I've looked through both sets of instructions, & there is no mention of the extra bits to make the other variant, as they are there, I assumed they made it at some stage 😐 can't seem to find to add pictures to show the bits I mean. Not to worry I'll sort it out I'm sure 👍👍

ah, I see what you mean. 

The Mk.88 kit does have a sprue with RN Lynx HMA.8 parts on it.  As far as I'm aware that has never been released, maybe one for the future.

I don't know enough about the Lynx to know if anything else has to be added to the kit to make the HMA.8 or if it can be cross kitted with the HAS.3 release.

The Mk88 does have the HMA8 sprue, however, the mk88 tail boom is incorrect and should be swapped for a modified foldable HAS3, but the tail rotor, gearbox housing etc is the same as the Mk88 because the tail rotor rotates in the opposite direction to the HAS3. I think there are sprue parts to reflect this, unless your scratch building skills are top notch. Also you'll have source some decals, this shouldn't be too onerous as the HMA8 is very similar to the HAS3.

John

Thanks for the replies 👍👍 yes there is another tail section, wondered why 👍 good answer ☺ I reckon you could make a good copy out of both kits , decals I've managed to get a letter and number set, the roundals I can use from a tornado set I have. 🙄 thanks again for the help 👍👍