WNW 1/32 Sopwith 2F1 'ship's Camel'

Dear all -

Apologies, but not been on the forum for quite a while...........

Therefore, posting up some pictures of my recently completed Wingnut Wings Sopwith Ship's Camel which was quite a long build for me.   This is the second WNW Camel I have built and did learn a few lessons from that first build.  That said, I think this is one of Wingnut's more trickier kits and the decals don't seem as good (a bit thin and brittle) as normally supplied - perhaps it's just me though.

Decided to add a bit of interest this time round by displaying on base representing a wood deck from a towed lighter (well that was the idea anyway!) with a RNAS resin pilot figure.

I'm generally pleased how this one turned out as I found it quite an involved build.   This also took gold (together with one other of mine) yesterday at my local model club internal competition for aircraft.

As always, built OOB and brush painted.  Rigged with combination of 2lb fishing line (wings, undercarriage and tailplane) and Pryme (ailerons, rudder and elevators) elastic thread.

rHtcUoI.jpg

0SkJgoC.jpg

l9nqmHg.jpg

ROydusq.jpg

21WWo1i.jpg

KeEQdcl.jpg

ZkP7vMF.jpg

9Y6iM1V.jpg

xSrxXu1.jpg

yxa3g20.jpg

HSE2Qn3.jpg

Regards

Dave

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

A well deserved gold for that one Dave, its beautiful. I really like the RNAS figure, I'm going to have to get one of those and will add it to my Christmas list!

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

Very nice. Top notch paint job with the brush. (I'm an exclusive hairy stick proponent myself....who needs a stinking airbrush eh....???:lol:)

The deck and Sir with his aircraft, set the scene well.

Agree about the decals, I had dramas with my 2F1's decals cracking as well:hmmm:

• Thanks 1