'Greif' by name, Greif by nature!

On 30/11/2017 at 3:37 AM, k5054nz said:

I don't understand these apologetic posts from modellers who have just become parents. My wife's well aware I'll be back at the bench in no time once we have a little one! :P

I'm sorry to see your return is accompanied by yellow and flaky decals, JB. Hopefully you can find a simple, easy solution as I've really enjoyed your build.

Hehe... oh you shall see my friend!

On 30/11/2017 at 6:26 AM, stevehnz said:

There is only one appropriate response to this Zac. Yeah Right! :)

Steve.

:D Steve knows!

On 30/11/2017 at 9:12 AM, Bungalow_Bill said:

Congratulations!

Bummer about the decals.  I tried some yellowed decals once.  Put them in the sun to bleach out the yellow.  But they were still too old to use.

Gaz

Thank you :)

I've hidden most of it with a nice grimey/rusty wash and oil treatment... photo's to follow shortly.

• Like 1

Good evening BM's! I've managed to get a little more bench time and have been quite successful in moving the Griffon forward.

First off, she's on her legs! I managed to get all four (five with the tail) touching along with looking almost even. I added some extra details to the landing struts and coloured these dark yellow as per some war paint schemes seen online. This may not be accurate but it makes them stand out and just looks pretty cool in my opinion so I ignored the dark grau as her the instructions.

Secondly I added some chipping around the access panels and obvious areas on the airframe such as the leading edges and where moving parts many have not had a decent coat of primer. I then applied my usual oil paint based wash and oil drips, stains etc and as a seafaring bomber added some rust streaks.

I may be able to get the matt coat and some finer details such as undercarriage covers and gun turrets added at the weekend :)

Hope you enjoy, JB

IMG_6582.jpg
IMG_6583.jpg
IMG_6584.jpg
IMG_6585.jpg
IMG_6586.jpg
IMG_6587.jpg
IMG_6588.jpg
IMG_6589.jpg

• Like 7

• 6 months later...
On 6/17/2018 at 9:13 AM, Bonehammer said:

Hello, I just came across this build. Hard to tell it's not the Revell kit. Excellent paintjob. Congratulations!

On 6/17/2018 at 11:04 AM, Azgaron said:

Very nice work, and excellent paint job! Looks great! :)

Håkan

Thanks both! I finished her at Christmas last year - here are the final shots: