RyeField 1/35 Abrams M1A2 TUSK II

Gremlin56

21 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

A bit special that Julian :D nice work indeed mate, nice haul of gear as well.

Regards

Dan 

Thanks Dan,

Couldn't let that one go ;)

The Challie looks quite interesting, will need a bit more TLC than the TAMITAKOMENGRYE offerings that we are slowly getting spoiled by but should be a nice counterpart to the Abrams.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing it build up Julian, funny enough I dug out the Tamiya Challenger 2 that’s been in the stash with the idea of converting it to a BAOR wagon.

Have a look at the Accurate Armour detail set for the trumpy kit mate, it’s really nice, adds that refinement that the Trumpy kit should have :yes:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, longshanks said:

Who has got a big one then ??

I feel you might be over compensating :wink:

Kev

Looks rather good standing at a slightly arrogant angle, but still no reason to press enter 3 times Kev :P

Do you know the Judge Dread song about "Trench Town Billy"?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dads203 said:

I’ll be looking forward to seeing it build up Julian, funny enough I dug out the Tamiya Challenger 2 that’s been in the stash with the idea of converting it to a BAOR wagon.

Have a look at the Accurate Armour detail set for the trumpy kit mate, it’s really nice, adds that refinement that the Trumpy kit should have :yes:

Hello,

strictly speaking, the BAOR never got Challenger 2 as it was disbanded in 1994 and the Challenger 2 went into service in 1998 ... your's should be one of the BFG (British Forces Germany) ;)

It's just a detail, I know ... E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Etienne said:

Hello,

strictly speaking, the BAOR never got Challenger 2 as it was disbanded in 1994 and the Challenger 2 went into service in 1998 ... your's should be one of the BFG (British Forces Germany) ;)

It's just a detail, I know ... E

I know mate,  I was there :P   I served in both  (1989-2001) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dads203 said:

I know mate,  I was there :P   I served in both  (1989-2001) 

Great !! So you know exactly how to build a "british tank in Germany" ;) ... I'm eager to see your project, E

PS added after the following discussion : my words were not a provocation but an invitation to share with us a Challenger 2 build, as Dan already provided very nice examples of Chieftain and Challenger 1 ... I just wanted to clarify. Cheers E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Do you know the Judge Dread song about "Trench Town Billy"?

I do now  :rolleyes: and can see where you get your inspiration from ....

34 minutes ago, Etienne said:

Great !! So you know exactly how to build a "british tank in Germany" ;) ... I'm eager to see your project, E

Did I hear the crash of a Gauntlet hitting the floor ???  

Kev

• Like 1

3 hours ago, longshanks said:

Kev

Well, Maybe I'm misunderstanding, english not being my mother tongue, but if you mean that it's a challenge, no, it isn't... just an invitation to share a real life experience about british tank in Germany ... E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Etienne said:

Well, Maybe I'm misunderstanding, english not being my mother tongue, but of you mean that it's a challenge, no, it isn't... just an invitation to share a real life experience about british tank in Germany ... E

I am sure Dan could provide lots of information regarding the Relevant Tanks used by the British forces in Germany Etienne, glad to hear there are no challenges being handed out, just talk about Challengers B)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, longshanks said:

I do now  :rolleyes: and can see where you get your inspiration from ....

Kev

"She thought it was a snake so she hit it with a rake and now it's only 5 foot 4..............................Ah, brings back happy memories ;)

No gauntlet chucking, though judging by Dan and Etienne's builds it would be an interesting match, might even warrant an unofficial Challenger challenge, wouldn't mind joining in myself.............................

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

"She thought it was a snake so she hit it with a rake and now it's only 5 foot 4..............................Ah, brings back happy memories ;)

No gauntlet chucking, though judging by Dan and Etienne's builds it would be an interesting match, might even warrant an unofficial Challenger challenge, wouldn't mind joining in myself.............................

Ahhh,   Chally 2 :smirk: , but i’ve possibly narrowed down the next build to a late BAOR Scimitar or a Warrior Infantry command variant, can’t beat a couple of Racal PU8 masts to add some interest. We had a Warrior at 6 Brigade as the Brigs TAC wagon so I might have to model that one as I’ve crewed it on a couple of exercises B)

• Like 3

Really good job on the storage Julian.  I can't quite see it but there's got to be a kitchen sink in there somewhere, can't go to war without one of those.

BTW aren't those oil drain tubs made out of black polyurethane or some such?  Yours look good but I always thought they were black.  Don't change them,

I'm just curious, no such thing as a dumb question.

Oh yah, the gun on that Soviet T-90 is bigger and longer......

Take care,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Ahhh,   Chally 2 :smirk: , but i’ve possibly narrowed down the next build to a late BAOR Scimitar or a Warrior Infantry command variant, can’t beat a couple of Racal PU8 masts to add some interest. We had a Warrior at 6 Brigade as the Brigs TAC wagon so I might have to model that one as I’ve crewed it on a couple of exercises B)

If I may, I'll book a front row seat for this one.

• Like 2