Mini art su85

Filthimus extremus, that's Latin for a heck of a good job.  Looks like it just rolled in the mud and quite a bit seeped inside.  They say these things leaked like a sieve when it rained so it should get a wash

job eventually.

Excellent work Steve and the KT doesn't look too shabby either.  Now if you could wave that magic wand and blow them both up to 1/16.........

Lloyd

• Like 1

The KT isn't finished yet... however I do have a kit in 1/16 that's not quite finished ;-) ( along with a Renault tank and a kublewagen) 

having been in a t34 I can confirm they leak and mud flows everywhere!!

thanks for the compliments all 

That KT is 1/35 isn't it?  The SU85 looks pretty big until you put it beside the monster and then it seems pretty wimpy but it could still take out the big guy rather handily.

I'm bogged down on a 1/16 KT, pretty involved  so I can sympathize, seems like it will never be finished.

Lloyd

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

That KT is 1/35 isn't it?  The SU85 looks pretty big until you put it beside the monster and then it seems pretty wimpy but it could still take out the big guy rather handily.

I'm bogged down on a 1/16 KT, pretty involved  so I can sympathize, seems like it will never be finished.

Lloyd

Yeah this KT is 1/35 

my 1/16 is a HL but I broke some metal track pins sand HL don't do spares, I bought some other ones but they are thicker so will need to drill my track links 😳

I absolutely LURRRRRVVVVVE the 85. That heavily weathered whitewash is stunningly superbly excellent!

Having purchased quite a few of MiniArt's awful buildings, I really must overcome my aversion to the company because their new AFVs (as everyone else keeps commenting) are looking to be brilliant.

But it still takes a skilled artist with a good imagination to produce something like this.

Again, stunningly, superbly, excellent work Steve.

Rearguards

Badder

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Steve_farrier said:

Thank you @Badder!! 

You really should build one of their AFVs. 

Ive jumped in to a Tamiya build... hand whilst it's typical Tamiya.... I have to say I prefer the miniart style now. 😳😳😳 

When I started making models in the late 70's I was a Tamiya AFV fan. I did build the odd Bandai sci-fi model and the Space Shuttle, but that was it. So when I returned to modelling a couple of years ago I went straight back to Tamiya. But I've seen a few MiniArt AFVs on here over the past year or so, and each time I've been impressed. It's just a trust thing I suppose, plus the fact that I'd have to order them on line, whereas I can pick up Tamiya kits at Hobbycraft.

I have a stash of Tamiya AFVs that I will have to finish before I do give MiniArt stuff a go though. And the way I work that'll be a couple of years yet!

Rearguards

Badder

Hobbycraft nr me has started stocking dozens of kits recently I've been impressed. However there is a new model shop opening in Camberly very soon. I remember there used to be a great place in Reading years ago that was floor to ceiling. 

Beaties I think it was called. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steve_farrier said:

Beaties I think it was called. 

Yeah, had one of those here when I was a kid. Shelves and shelves of Tamiya models. I think they had the entire catalogue of Military Miniatures models on their shelves.  And that's not a joke!

• Like 1