X-2 Starbuster 1:72

Hello,

This is my Logo Bird. First Mach 3 Plane. No jet. It´s a winged Rocket, built with parts of the hopelessly bad aviastone kit, which is surprisingly better than Mach2 or Olymp.

There is Ivan Kincheloe after his last flight (Altitude Record) with starbuster in the cockpit, while Bob Rohrer from Bell Team is leaning on the jeep.

Cheers!

x-2_2009a

• Like 19

Thank you! The markings were quite non standard because they were burning off quickly. The crew worked 100 hrs a week to get it airborne, they simply handpainted them over...

x-2_by_thomashopfensperger_4

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Always love to see any X-planes 👍

Yes and sometimes we can see them in the movies,  in Space Cowboys Tommy Lee Jones and Clint Eastwood rode the what if X-2B twoseater!

x-2_by_thomashopfensperger_3

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes its also a favorite movie of mine. 

Toward the Unknown made the X-2 a Movie Star, also the XB-51. Oh Lord,  PLEASE GIVE ME A XB-51!!!!!!!! :-)

On the Starbuster there are yellowish and reddish remains of Templac stripes left (for heat indication), the USAF looked that way on pictures, maybe a team choke ....

x-2_by_thomashopfensperger_1

• Like 6

This was my first full resine kit. I learnt it the hard way. Pink glasses:heart:  I think, that´s why i love the model so much.  It was in ModellFan 2010 07. There is all the WIP.

x-2_by_thomashopfensperger_5

• Like 8