This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

russ c

Douglas RA-3B Skywarrior, VAP-61, DaNang, 1969

awesome work! want to do this myself someday

sweet job with the camo and scratch stuff, a pity Trumpeter didn´t release a RA version

:clap2:

that's brilliant. What a great paint job and fantastic model. You must be really proud of it

Andy

Awesome work Russ. I remember when I first saw photos of them in this colour scheme and really wanted to make one like that. I never got round to it but I am really impressed by your one, fantastic.

Duncan B

6 minutes ago, glatisant said:

You wouldn't come round my house and build my stash!! Absolutely magnificent.

Sorry mate, I`m grounded until I finish putting the shower in :smile:

Thanks for the kind words  ( and offer ! )

That is stunning, just stunning. I have a Steel Beach set to do the RA-3B. I'd love it to be as good as your build.

Very nice indeed Russ.

I'm restoring a Hasegawa 1/72 one which I converted into an EA-3B of VQ-2 as having bought the recent book on the unit I realised how wrong the model was!

It must be huge in 1/48 though!

Ok, you remember I said the last build was "one of your best"... well so's this !! - Fantastic work, matey.

Ian.

The Skywarrior has always been of interest to me and your model is excellent - the ECM Skywarrior (in 1/72) is on my to do list one day so yours has got me thinking about it again.

CJP

Excellent build and finish Russ,very unusual scheme makes a big change from the standard U.S Navy colour's.

That is beautiful! I plan on doing that very bird, but in 1/72nd scale using the Hasegawa 'Whale'. It would look great next to an AP-2H (which I'm working on), which had the same type of camouflage.

Regards,

Jason

6 hours ago, Learstang said:

That is beautiful! I plan on doing that very bird, but in 1/72nd scale using the Hasegawa 'Whale'. It would look great next to an AP-2H (which I'm working on), which had the same type of camouflage.

Regards,

Jason

Cheers Jason,

I`m grateful that there isn`t a 48th Neptune, at least you can fold the wings on the Whale. I doubt if a Neptune would go through the loft hatch :smile:

A great looking piece, very nicely finished in an unusual scheme.  Trying to find one in 1/72 is a PITA...!!