Douglas RA-3B Skywarrior, VAP-61, DaNang, 1969

20 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

Russ nice nice job as usual. One question: was it difficult to open the engine bay?  Did you consider sprucing it up?  Best wishes!

Thanks `28`, the engine bay is easy to open up but my effort at doing anything with it was mediocre at best. You do get a complete engine to go in the nacelles and the panels are separate. Glad you like it, Cheers

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

fantastic work Russ, love it.  Can you give us a rundown on your photo setup.  Is the sky a backdrop, or have you used a photoshop layer?

Cheers

Bruce

Cheers Bruce,

I bought some wall posters off Amazon and glued them onto some cardboard, the `Concrete` base are come tiles I bought from B & Q bargain basket, sprayed with grey primer, sprinkled with sand and dirt and some water colour blobs here and there ( It`s all Troy Smith`s fault :smile: ) . Photo`s taken out side on the patio table when the weathers kind.

Glad you like it. Thanks again, Russ

Also thanks to everyone for `likes` and very kind comments, Appreciated !

• Like 1

On 27/03/2018 at 5:06 AM, Kampartiger said:

Russ's Skywarrior is simply awesome🏁.I hope you have a big hanger for it.

Thanks Kampar, yeah it`s called the attic unfortunately :smile:

Hello Russ,

Another winner. Can you imagine the high standard of US Naval pilots to put this large aircraft on the deck of a carrier.

Striking diorama.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, goggsy said:

Lovely work, I’m getting a headache just thinking about the amount of masking that must have required though!

Hi Goggsy, Thanks. No masking though, drawn on in pencil and coloured in with hairy stick. I do my modelling in the kitchen on the table so no spraying or airbrush on any of my efforts.

Thanks again, Russ 

• Like 1