Douglas RA-3B Skywarrior, VAP-61, DaNang, 1969

7 hours ago, russ c said:

Cheers Jason,

I`m grateful that there isn`t a 48th Neptune, at least you can fold the wings on the Whale. I doubt if a Neptune would go through the loft hatch :smile:

I don't build 1/48th scale for just such a reason - too big! Especially for the A-3; there is a reason it was nicknamed the 'Whale'. Strangely enough, though, if someone came out with an injection-moulded Neptune in 1/48th scale (Trumpeter/Hobby Boss are you listening!) I'm a big enough of a Neptune nut that I might be tempted to buy it. Where I'd put the monster if I ever got around to actually building it is another matter. I suppose I'll have to be content with trying to find display places for the four Neptunes I'm working on in 1/72nd scale now (AP-2H, OP-2E, firefighter, MR.1). If I ever finish them!

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 2

Well up to the standard we come to expect from you Russ, and again you have come up with an unusual subject in a rarely seen scheme, and completed it to perfection!

On 10/18/2017 at 5:31 PM, russ c said:

You know, sometimes, you get the urge to build something that you know is going to be too big to go anywhere but think....who cares- I`m building one regardless........

..tell me about it. Story of my life really.  Now, when should I start that Revell 1:32 Ju88 that I bought all that etch and resin for....  :smile:

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Another stunning build Russ and a great colour scheme :goodjob: 

Know what you mean about to big ! I changed the layout of the man cave so I could accommodate several 1/32 and 1/24th scale kits and that's just to build them !!! :D

Once again great work.

Guy

• Like 1

Hi Russ -

What a striking paint job! Actually the WHOLE job is remarkable - great wing fold (never been brave enough to even try one of those!), the diorama, your photography, even the background clouds. You've done it all! Very nice work, friend!

Thom Ream

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Wow.  That's an absolute beauty.  Terrific paintwork.  The masking must have taken an age.

Cheers Meatbox, can`t take any credit for intricate masking, just drew the pattern in pencil and coloured between the lines with Hairy Stick.

Thanks for looking, Russ

Hi Russ,

I am always somewhat disappointed when I see a US Navy plane in anything but light gull grey over white paint scheme, with LOTS of gaudy colors splashed everywhere!!!! My Mediterranean ancestry, no doubt!

Having said that, your Skywarrior is stunning and has a real mean look. I love it! But I hate to think how BIIIIG it must be!

So congratulations are in order!!!

JR

• Like 1

23 hours ago, russ c said:

Cheers Meatbox, can`t take any credit for intricate masking, just drew the pattern in pencil and coloured between the lines with Hairy Stick.

Thanks for looking, Russ

SAY WHAAAT!!!  You mean this is brush painted?  Even more power to your elbow.  Jeepers, I really need to raise my game (sob).

• Like 1

WOW Russ that is outstanding. Love the camo! 

Great subject...I don't understand why more are not built...haven't heard really bad things about the kit.

In any case yours is fantastic.

All the Best!

Don

• Like 1

Geez Russ!

That's just a bit "extra"....... as my teenager daughter would say!

Looks fantastic. Love the colours and camo

Beautiful finish...well done indeed

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1