Zvezda L 4500 R MAULTIER German half track

Fozzy

Hi there everyone

Well I am 61 years old and in all my time model making I don't know if I have ever built a AFV....seriously...can't ever remember even wanting to build one!......until now!

I normally scratch build large scale aircraft and sometimes I like to build a kit ....and usually when looking on my model kit shelf I pass by this L4500R kit ,which I think was a prize when winning at a model exhibition.

Well this time I ventured to open the box!....and what I was faced with was stacks and stacks of well molded parts!....and I thought for once I am going to have a go at this.

Well I have got to tell you that this kit has re kindled my mojo that was waning a tad!....absolutely fabulous kit produced by ZVEZDA....which I guess you AFV heads out there know already!....it was such a pleasure to build and living in Bulgaria I found the subject interesting as I see a lot of really old trucks (all be it Russian and not German built).....every part fitted together perfectly which made a nice change to some of the aircraft kits I have built in the past!

Any way.....not being  AFV expert I built this OOB...and will possibly make some sort of diorama which it is crying out for at a later stage!

Any way enough chat....here it is.......

L4500_R_031.jpg

hhh_027.jpg

L4500_R_033.jpg

L4500_R_011.jpg

L4500_R_024.jpg

L4500_R_015.jpg

L4500_R_029.jpg

L4500_R_035.jpg

L4500_R_036.jpg

hhh_017.jpg

hhh_018.jpg

hhh_005.jpg

I do hope you have enjoyed looking at these photos as much as I enjoyed building it

I am now officially a AFV fan!

Cheers

Fozzy

• Like 14

Hi Guys...having some sort of issue (again) with the photos....sorry if you cant see them....however ...I can see them my end!...doesn't make sense!!...maybe they will re appear ..like magic!

;) 

• Like 1

Hi, I am glad you chose finally to biuld some ground stuff. At all it is very good looking model. If you do not mind I point two things to bear in mind next time. The glass in the front lamps - each one is in different orientation. The rubber rings on the wheels have a little bit of paint overlapping. Try next time to use very thin paint, and just touch gently the area which has to be painted. It gonna spread the paint like a wash. That should prevent this happening. 

15 minutes ago, Kris B said:

Hi, I am glad you chose finally to biuld some ground stuff. At all it is very good looking model. If you do not mind I point two things to bear in mind next time. The glass in the front lamps - each one is in different orientation. The rubber rings on the wheels have a little bit of paint overlapping. Try next time to use very thin paint, and just touch gently the area which has to be painted. It gonna spread the paint like a wash. That should prevent this happening. 

Thanks Kris...all taken on board for the next time mate! ;)

I'm quite a few years ahead of you,But us Seniors must stick together:DSo by my tired old eyes I think it is a impressive build with lots of great detailing(can't lie I also have miss aligned the head lights on occasions)Enjoyed this build very much Cheers.

Welcome to the AFV club! About time. I wonder what marvels we've missed due to your delayed participation, because that's a very nice build indeed.

And it's an unusual and very interesting subject. I've certainly never seen this vehicle portrayed before, so thanks for popping your cherry with this beauty rather than the usual 'fodder'.

Now, the misaligned light lens. First off, I'd check that it IS misaligned. There's a tiny chance that it is supposed to be like that (After all most vehicles nowadays have their nearside headlights angled slightly towards the verge) but more than likely not. So I personally would correct it if it were my model. I doubt you will need advice on how best to do it, but if you are unsure, just ask. I have my own way of doing it, but I'm sure others have...er ... others.

BTW I am really looking forward to seeing your first AFV diorama as well!

Rearguards,

Badder

I

• Like 1

Well I can see them, and that is a great effort Fozzie. I like to build the occasional AFV as well, in fact at the moment I'm favouring them more and more...painting/weathering is becoming more enjoyable than building! 

I think it would look better with a bit of cargo in the back, but other than that it's one to be proud of. More please!

• Like 1

Cheers chaps!.....seems weird that some of you can see the photos and some of you cant!...as for the empty back minus cargo...I am collecting up ideas for some sort of diorama using maybe other vehicles...so if you like... this is just phase 1!;)

....I am going to re post these photos to see if you peeps can see them this time!

L4500_R_031.jpg

hhh_027.jpg

L4500_R_033.jpg

L4500_R_011.jpg

L4500_R_024.jpg

L4500_R_029.jpg

L4500_R_035.jpg

L4500_R_036.jpg

hhh_017.jpg

hhh_018.jpg

hhh_005.jpg

Lets hope these are visible!!

Cheers

Fozzy

• Like 6

I can't see the photo taken of the underneath, nor the photo where you had the model balanced on a lily pad in your garden pond, but all the rest are showing up fine.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Badder said:

I can't see the photo taken of the underneath, nor the photo where you had the model balanced on a lily pad in your garden pond, but all the rest are showing up fine.

Rearguards,

Badder

I purposely left those photos out Badder! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

..... and the kit even if it is from Zvezda, it looks very good, super-detailed.

:goodjob:, cheers mate :yes:

The kit is superb!...I built this OOB....no added detail!....so I think that Zvezda have done a great job with this subject!

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Fozzy, if it helps, I can see both sets of pictures

on I E and Chrome on my laptop.

well there you go then!...just a small glitch Pete!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...