***Finished*** Revbox Canberra PR9

PhantomBigStu

You certainly don’t muck around Stu!! She looks great and an obvious candidate for a quick build. If I recall, you said that you’ll be painting this Canberra Silver? Do yourself a favour a buy a can of Tamiya AS-12 Airframe Silver. I normally decant mine, however this stuff behaves itself really well straight out of the rattle can. Once you’ve used it, you’ll never brush paint silver again. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

You certainly don’t muck around Stu!! She looks great and an obvious candidate for a quick build. If I recall, you said that you’ll be painting this Canberra Silver? Do yourself a favour a buy a can of Tamiya AS-12 Airffame Silver. I normally decant mine, however this stuff behaves itself really well straight out of the rattle can. Once you’ve used it, you’ll never brush paint silver again. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

Already use a rattle can for silver from our big auto chain in Blighty :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to not modify it with accurate aerials, not in the spirit of the build, and will on the future replace the build with an airfix b8 anyway but it's ready for decalling I think. Apologies for the big gap in time, stuffed up painting the camo overlap and had to strip in back to the silver, sand prime it. 

38510091236_78c803729e_b.jpg

• Like 5

Don’t fret Stu. Long before you were born PR.9’s were painted in camouflage and had red and blue roundels without all those extra antennas as Revell show on their box art and instructions. She’ll be fairly accurate for a mid seventies machine. All this extra stuff was added towards the late 70’s and into the 80’s and 90’s. 

Cheers.. Dave

On 21/11/2017 at 8:27 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

Don’t fret Stu. Long before you were born PR.9’s were painted in camouflage and had red and blue roundels without all those extra antennas as Revell show on their box art and instructions. She’ll be fairly accurate for a mid seventies machine. All this extra stuff was added towards the late 70’s and into the 80’s and 90’s. 

Cheers.. Dave

Yep looked up photos of the real thing and quite possible if I use the standard sqn badges included it might be accurate. Anyway will be done soon

38641552831_0c4ace0653_b.jpg

• Like 3