Flight of the Phoenix

Probably  the coolest model I have ever seen, awesomely well done......  the first movie was WAY better than the 're-make'... not sure why the movie folks have to mess with greatness...... you model is a great tribute... take a bow !

Jeff

I knew as soon as I saw the thread title that I'd love it. And of course I do.

What a lovely model and a nice reminder of a brilliant film. First scene that springs to mind is them all willing the engine to start.

Your super model has made me smile.

All the best, Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic model and a great idea from what is still a great movie, with a great theme. The best line must be 'What sort of aircraft do I design? Why, model aircraft!' And who could stay in their seat when the final Coffman cartridge is used and the engine takes ages to rev up, spluttering along...

Outstanding!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I see you built the second plane used for the static filming, that's good, as I may be able to build the one used for the flying sequences (in which Mantz had the fatal accident).

There are differences as you know between the two of them.

Again, great model!

Edited by Moa
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Moa said:

I was gathering info on this one, having bought the Texan and Beechcraft C-45 to cannibalize, and here I am, admiring your superb model!

Wonderful job!

Were you able to find a plan, or you did your own construction sketches?

Cheers

Thanks!

I'm not aware of any plans out there. I just used stills from the film and photos in magazine articles.

I'll be very keen to see your models as they progress!

Mike

• Thanks 1