PATTON TANK STGB Chat

Hello everyone... well we’re one week into the build as of now, only eleven more to go. The official tally sits at 16 Patton tanks or variants of the Tank. Here is a current list of all the types being built.

2ND WEEK TALLY

M26a1 x 1

T26e4 x 1

T92 HMC x 1

T39 AEV x 1

M47 x 1

M48a3 x 2

M60 x 1

M60a1 x 3 (Israeli, RISE, ERA)

M60a3 x 1

Magach 6B (M60) x 1

Magach 7c (M60) x 1

M247 Sgt.York SPAAG x 1

M88 ARV x 1

I’m hoping to see more entries show up. However I'm very happy to see everyones builds. Im also not disappointed with this showing for a group build, considering its just shy of 50% of the sign-ups. Considering its been well over a year since the build was approved. I think its going to be a success. I would like to say thank you to everyone for being a part of the build.  

Dennis

• Like 2

The tracks in my  magach 6 blazer kit are those rubber band type you fix together with the hot screw driver, they have a few kinks in them, how will it be best to straighten them  out, I've had them lying flat for a couple of months now, hoping they would straighten themselves out but no luck, anybody have an idea that works before I crack and pull the trigger on a link set I've seen

Cheers 

Glynn 

2 hours ago, Hewy said:

The tracks in my  magach 6 blazer kit are those rubber band type you fix together with the hot screw driver, they have a few kinks in them, how will it be best to straighten them  out, I've had them lying flat for a couple of months now, hoping they would straighten themselves out but no luck, anybody have an idea that works before I crack and pull the trigger on a link set I've seen

Cheers 

Glynn 

'Morning Glynn. About the only thing that I can suggest is to plunge them into very hot water for a few minutes until they are soft and pliable, and then straight into cold water. It might work.

HTH's.

John.

• Like 2

The new tool Takom M47 kits in 1:35 scale are for longer on my wishlist. The reviews are positive about them. Someone has experience with these kits ?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/takom-2070-m47-patton-edition-speciale-suez--1088506

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/takom-2072-m47-patton-e-m--1029664

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BerndM said:

The new tool Takom M47 kits in 1:35 scale are for longer on my wishlist. The reviews are positive about them.

I was going to build the Takom M47 (Favorite Patton) for the build. But i just couldn't fit it into my budget. Its the only game in town unless you can find the Italeri M47. Im finishing up the Takom M3 and i think its a great kit so i imagine the M47 should be just as good. They can be a bit fiddely and over complicated though. 

• Like 1

Well, I expressed my opinion that its main advantage over the Italeri kit is that it is ‘newer’. I don’t really think it’s a vast improvement over the Italeri kit, and the front hull shape is definitely better on the Italeri kit. But Takom does offer the later M47M used by some countries, and has some cast texture lacking on the Italeri kit, as well as the option for the mantlet cover. Shopping around, Italeri M47s can usually be had pretty cheap, especially older boxings on auction sites. To each his own, but this is not a kit I felt any great compulsion to trade up to a new model on. I don’t think it’s enough to justify likely paying twice the price, say...unlike the new Tamiya Sheridan, which is way better than their old one, or the Academy kit. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I was going to build the Takom M47 (Favorite Patton) for the build. But i just couldn't fit it into my budget. Its the only game in town unless you can find the Italeri M47. Im finishing up the Takom M3 and i think its a great kit so i imagine the M47 should be just as good. They can be a bit fiddely and over complicated though. 

The kit looks like a good starting point into Takom for me and there is a relative well priced example available but still quite expensive ( especially after a car repair with a 1500€ bill )

The tracks look good to me single links and length parts and it is not a 1000 parts Dragon kit.

Indeed a great Looking tank :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Asmodai said:

Well, I expressed my opinion that its main advantage over the Italeri kit is that it is ‘newer’. I don’t really think it’s a vast improvement over the Italeri kit, and the front hull shape is definitely better on the Italeri kit. But Takom does offer the later M47M used by some countries, and has some cast texture lacking on the Italeri kit, as well as the option for the mantlet cover. Shopping around, Italeri M47s can usually be had pretty cheap, especially older boxings on auction sites. To each his own, but this is not a kit I felt any great compulsion to trade up to a new model on. I don’t think it’s enough to justify likely paying twice the price, say...unlike the new Tamiya Sheridan, which is way better than their old one, or the Academy kit. 

The Italeri kit is really a true and well made classic. Takom shines with a very nice texture on the surfaces and i like the tracks.

• Like 1

Hello everyone... This is end of week # 2. So far we holding good at 50% entries. Here is where we stand at the beginning of week # 3. Our tally is 19 builds comprising of the following. 

M26a1 x 1 

T26e4 x 1 

T92 HMC x 1 

T39 AEV x 1 

M47 x 1 

M48a3 x 2 

M60 x 1 

M60a1 x 5 (1.Israeli, 2.Standard, 3.ERA, 4.Standard, 5.RISE

M60a3 x 1 

Magach 6B (M60) x 1 

Magach 7c (M60) x 1

M247 Sgt.York SPAAG x 1 

M88 ARV x 1 

M103a2 x 1

Missing a few odd foreign models, and still no M46. But we’ve added a big beastie in the form of an M103. It seems the major player is turning out to be the M60 and its Israeli spinoffs, with ten of 19 builds. Four of the 19 are either M48’s or a derivative of the M48. Ten weeks to go so plenty of time everyone. Im very happy with the way the build is turning out. Thank you to my co-hosts and everyone participating. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone... well were beginning week four in just a few hours. No New builds but I'm not worried. The build tally sits at just over 50%. There is one in the Gallery thanks to Jim Wasley. Here is the current list as we sit today. 

M26a1 x 1 

T26e4 x 1 

T92 HMC x 1 

T39 AEV x 1 

M47 x 1 

M48a3 x 2 

M60 x 1 

M60a3 x 1 

Magach 6B (M60) x 1 

Magach 7c (M60) x 1

M247 Sgt.York SPAAG x 1 

M88 ARV x 1 

M103a2 x 1

Nine weeks to go folks plenty of time. Thanks again to my co-hosts and all of you for participating. 

Dennis

• Like 1

From what I can see  many idf tanks have what look to be  2 lots of double tow cables( 2 cables connected to one towing eye) draped over the Hull front, with single cables running down the fender to the hooks on the Hull, I've looked around the Web and I can't find a clear image of the fender attacthment pionts on an m60 magach if any one has  any links to such pictures it  would be a great help, 

Glynn 

Hello Everybody... Well we've crossed into month #2 now. Everyones work is quite impressive. Looking forward to the next two months to see what else will be built. As of right now we have 20 builds comprising of the following. 

M26a1 x 1 

T26e4 x 1 

T92 HMC x 1 

T39 AEV x 1 

M47 x 2

M48a3 x 2 

M60 x 1 

M60a3 x 1 

Magach 6B (M60) x 1 

Magach 7c (M60) x 1

M247 Sgt.York SPAAG x 1 

M88 ARV x 1 

M103a2 x 1

We welcome Dave_R to the groups entrants with his M47. Questions anyone please ask myself and the other hosts are here. Thanks to everyone as well for making this enjoyable as my first hosting job. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Hello Everybody... Well were thru week 5 now. I am really enjoying what Ive seen accomplished by everyone to date. I am looking forward to the next seven weeks to see what else will be built. As of right now we are steady at 20 builds comprised of the following. 

M26a1 x 1 

T26e4 x 1 

T92 HMC x 1 

T39 AEV x 1 

M47 x 2

M48a3 x 2 

M60 x 1 

M60a3 x 1 

Magach 6B (M60) x 1 

Magach 7c (M60) x 1

M247 Sgt.York SPAAG x 1 

M88 ARV x 1 

M103a2 x 1

Im hoping everyone is enjoying themselves so far.

Dennis

• Like 1

Hello Everybody... Well were through week 6 now. Thats half way through the build. I am really enjoying what Ive seen so far by everyone to date. I am looking forward to the next six weeks to see what else will be built. As of right now we are steady at 20 builds comprised of the following. 

M26a1 x 1 

T26e4 x 1 

T92 HMC x 1 

T39 AEV x 1 

M47 x 2

M48a3 x 2 

M60 x 1 

M60a3 x 1 

Magach 6B (M60) x 1 

Magach 7c (M60) x 1

M247 Sgt.York SPAAG x 1 

M88 ARV x 1 

M103a2 x 1

Im still hoping everyone is enjoying themselves and please reach out if you need help. 

Dennis

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everybody... Well were through week 7 now. I am really enjoying what Ive seen so far by everyone to date, the gallery is starting yo get more populated as well. I am looking forward to the next five weeks, hoping to see what else might be built. As of right now we are steady at 20 builds comprised of the following. 

M26a1 x 1 

T26e4 x 1 

T92 HMC x 1 

T39 AEV x 1 

M47 x 2

M48a3 x 2 

M60 x 1 

M60a3 x 1 

Magach 6B (M60) x 1 

Magach 7c (M60) x 1

M247 Sgt.York SPAAG x 1 

M88 ARV x 1 

M103a2 x 1

Im still hoping everyone is enjoying themselves and please reach out if you need help. 

Dennis

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to All... Well were through week 8 now. My apologies for a delayed weekly entry, what with the holiday weekend and all. I am really enjoying what Ive seen so far by everyone to date. I am looking forward to the next four weeks, hoping to see what else might be built. Hoping to see more completed builds of course. However its more important you are happy with your work. id rather they go unfinished if you aren't enjoying the build. As of right now we are steady at 20 builds comprised of the following. 

M26a1 x 1 

T26e4 x 1 

T92 HMC x 1 

T39 AEV x 1 

M47 x 2

M48a3 x 2 

M60 x 1 

M60a1 x 5 (1.Israeli, 2.Standard, 3.ERA, 4.Standard, 5.RISE

M60a3 x 1 

Magach 6B (M60) x 1 

Magach 7c (M60) x 1

M247 Sgt.York SPAAG x 1 

M88 ARV x 1 

M103a2 x 1

Dennis

• Like 1

Hello to All... Well here we are at week 9 now. My apologies for a delayed weekly entry, what with the lifus interruptus and all. I am really enjoying what Ive seen so far by everyone, i just hoped more would be worked on ? I am looking forward to the next three weeks, hoping to see what else might be finished ? As always i am hoping to see more completed builds of course. However its more important you are happy with your work. id rather they go unfinished if you aren't enjoying the build. As of right now we are steady at 20 builds comprised of the following. 

M26a1 x 1 

T26e4 x 1 

T92 HMC x 1 

T39 AEV x 1 

M47 x 2

M48a3 x 2 

M60 x 1 

M60a3 x 1 

Magach 6B (M60) x 1 

Magach 7c (M60) x 1

M247 Sgt.York SPAAG x 1 

M88 ARV x 1 

M103a2 x 1

Dennis

• Like 1

Hello to All... Well here we are starting week 10 now. My apologies for a delayed weekly entry, what with the lifus interruptus and all. I am really enjoying what Ive seen so far by everyone, i am happy to see more builds finished ? As always i am hoping to see more completed builds of course. However its more important you are happy with your work. id rather they go unfinished if you aren't enjoying the build. As of right now we are steady at 20 builds comprised of the following. 

M26a1 x 1 

T26e4 x 1 

T92 HMC x 1 

T39 AEV x 1 

M47 x 2

M48a3 x 2 

M60 x 1 

M60a3 x 1 

Magach 6B (M60) x 1 

Magach 7c (M60) x 1

M247 Sgt.York SPAAG x 1 

M88 ARV x 1 

M103a2 x 1

Dennis

• Like 1

Hello to All... Well here we are starting week 11 now, just 2 more weeks to go. I am really enjoying what Ive seen so far by everyone, i am happy to see more builds finished ? As always i am hoping to see more completed builds of course. However its more important you are happy with your work. id rather they go unfinished if you aren't enjoying the build. As of right now we are steady at 20 builds comprised of the following. 

M26a1 x 1 

T26e4 x 1 

T92 HMC x 1 

T39 AEV x 1 

M47 x 2

M48a3 x 2 

M60 x 1 

M60a3 x 1 

Magach 6B (M60) x 1 

Magach 7c (M60) x 1

M247 Sgt.York SPAAG x 1 

M88 ARV x 1 

M103a2 x 1

Dennis

• Like 1