PATTON TANK STGB Chat

Its actually in the intro of chat thread and again in the rules thread. 

“As i have posted The M26 counts as 1,160 were converted to M46 (800) & M46a1’s (360) so that should qualify as a direct family connection.”

Yes M26 Pershing’s are allowable, will you be joining us then. 😉

Dennis

Hello Hubba... :post1: from Chicago. No it isn't to late, you are welcome to join in. Start a thread and post photos of the unbuilt kit or if its started. Show us whats done, just remember if the kit is more than 25% done it cant be entered into the gallery ? If you are unsure let me or one of the other hosts know, and we will review it. You can get my attantion by doing this. @Corsairfoxfouruncle. BTW an M103 would be very welcome. 

Dennis 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

15 minutes ago, Hubba said:

Cheers

It's 100% unstarted (?), I'll take some photos just as soon as the postie gets it to me

Since its completely unstarted then you are good to go. Just start a thread. The official start time is just about 30 hours away Chicago time, 25 hours away Greenwich Mean Time. 

Dennis

On 3/28/2019 at 3:20 PM, SoftScience said:

I did send a request to cancel my order - but no response. I don't suppose you know if there is a different contact email I should be going to? 

I think at this point your best bet is to go through your payment vendor, the bank or credit card company, and explain the non response from the seller. With so much fraud out there these days, most of the time they will bend over backwards to get the transaction cancelled. Hope that helps some. Unfortunately, doing this seems to be the only way to get Internet Hobbies attention...

Edited by Asmodai

OPENING DAY BUILD TALLY

Hello everyone ... So as of right now the builds official opening day, we have this lineup. Thirteen separate entries as of right now, these cover a number of models and proto-types. Gentleman the build has begun, let us have some fun. See you on the other side of this in 90 days. 

T26e4 x 1

T92 HMC x 1

T39 AEV x 1

M47 x 1

M48a3 x 1

M60 x 1

M60a1 x 3 (Israeli, RISE, ERA)

M60a3 x 1

Magach 6B (M60) x 1

M247 Sgt.York SPAAG

M88 ARV x 1

Dennis

• Like 2

It's nice to see such a variety of subjects being worked on, hopefully a few more people will join in during the coming weeks too.

3D Printing the parts for my T92 will take awhile so I might start a second build as something to do while I'm waiting for them. I have an M60A2 "Starship" which is a variant no one else seams to be making yet, I also have a T54E1 which is another obscure prototype based on the M48 that could be fun. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

hopefully a few more people will join in during the coming weeks too.

I have hopes that more will show up. Unfortunately thats the downfall to having such a long time gap with builds. The time taken from getting a build ok’d, till its actual start date members come and go. You never know until the start who’s going to show up. Kind of like planning for war. Your plans are excellent till the bullets start flying, then it all goes south.

Now an M60a2 “Starship” would be a good choice. Though i looked up the T54e1, thats a mean looking turret and gun. That would also be very nice to see here. I know theres at least one M103 on its way so that will be a nice option. 

Dennis

53 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Anyone know if the M48’s had an infantry interphone unit on the rear of the tank ? So they could talk to the crew of the tank. 

Dennis

Yes. On early gasoline powered M48s it was a large box on the rear hull plate, similar to the M47 phone box. When the diesel powered versions came along, the infantry phone box was moved to the right rear fender, and was smaller overall box. Unfortunately, I don't have any non copyrighted pics handy. You can see both on this page, if you look and read the captions. 

http://afvdb.50megs.com/usa/pics/m48patton.html

Edit - Here you go. I marked up the kit part in one of your build photos. 

IMG_0772_zpscpp3sjj0.jpg

Edited by Asmodai
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Good i had a resin one that looked different. I wasn't sure if the plastic box was the interphone. 

It does look like it could be too big for the later style, almost like an earlier box moved by Tamiya to the fender. I wonder if there was a transition period on the vehicles to a newer style phone box. The later style was definitely smaller, maybe less than half the size of the Tamiya part. 

• Thanks 1

Its ok the tamiya part is good and solid now. ....

Edit: Except that i just got a seperate confirmation that its probably supposed to be about 1/2 the size ? Which makes my resin one look to be correct ? Dang ... this isn't going to be fun !

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Its ok the tamiya part is good and solid now. ....

Edit: Except that i just got a seperate confirmation that its probably supposed to be about 1/2 the size ? Which makes my resin one look to be correct ? Dang ... this isn't going to be fun !

I guess it depends on individual modeling goals...myself, I wouldn't have worried about it now. Same thing with the motorization holes in the hull bottom - unless I was doing an overturned tank, I wouldn't have bothered to fill them. Your mileage may vary, but it seems most likely the smaller box is correct; that seems to be the one seen on later Pattons. 

• Like 2

Hello @Jim Wasley ... Just start a WIP thread like you would up in the non group build areas. Its not about competing down here. Its all about having some fun with a theme, while having some friendly banter mixed in. Actually im building the same kit so we can see our different takes on the same kit. 

• Thanks 1

hello @plasto, and @plastix. and to anyone else reading this. I need to let you know that I have been having difficulties logging on to B/Modeller. this started the other day when the server crashed. i've been in contact with mike and we have been trying to sort out the issue.it turns out that my Internet Provider has the forum blocked. i can log on when i am outside the influence of my home router. but if i'm at home no connection. currently i'm using a public access computer at my local library. i will continue to do this everyday or every other day until i can sort the issue out. i just wanted you to know i wasn't ignoring the build or having any other issues. Please use my "outlook" email address in my profile if you need me urgently. that or p/m me and i will respond when i can access the forum. my apologies for having to drop this on you, i was hoping to be equal as for hosting. 

Dennis

I had the same problem last year (my ISP blocked me from multiple websites & forums, including my own), it took about 10 months for it to be fixed in the end, I hope it goes quicker for you though! During that time I used hide.me VPN, their free version was able to get around the block & let me gain access again, but it has a bandwidth limit so you can't use it constantly.

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Thanks 1