Revell 1/72 EC-145 Helicopter

Here is my latest build off the bench. 

This is my interpretation of Revell's 1/72 EC-145 that was built 'nearly' OOB. The interior looked good but I had a fitting problem when trying to fit it into the fuselage; the seat headrests hit the interior roof. Nothing to it but to remove the headrests which couldn't be seen through the side windows anyway. The kit provides two 'hooked' skids but unfortunately they're both for the starboard side so a little mod was needed. Halfords white and Revell's red were applied for this REGA helo. Most of the decals were added but decided to leave off the 'teeny-weeny' ones. Didn't come out to badly and the 'better-half' likes it.

IMG_7810.jpg

IMG_7811.jpg

IMG_7812.jpg

IMG_7813.jpg

Stuart

• Like 17

This chopper must be tiny and as a result the decals must have been fun to put on. I am impressed, really.

Having said that, I spent all my youth in the Alps with Alouettes II and III, and I still believe they had far more character than these new fangled machines... OK, no point bitching about "progress". I will shut up!

Congrats on a beautiful build!

JR

Thanks @Dermo245. Fortunately, from point of view, I have only 2 helo's in the stash to do; a 1/72 Italeri HH-60J and some 1/72 Apache thing that was put in my hand to finish off.

Thanks @NealParkes. My A-109 'REGA' WIP is 

The only other helo build I'd like to do would be REGA's planned replacement of the EC-145 with the Airbus H145.

4 hours ago, glatisant said:

Red,yellow and white on the same build. Your a braver man than I am.!! Lovely build.

Thanks G. The colours were no big deal. The white is halfords primer and used as a basecoat for the Humbrol yellow and Revell red.

Stuart

Fabulous 'copter, in my preferred scale!

I have long admired this kit in the stores but, for vaguely known reasons, have never added one to the stash.

Your excellent build is a real inspiration for changing that status!

:goodjob: 

• Like 1