Danton, Hobby Boss, 1:350

Sending them away and waiting for them is the easiest part of the job ;) As for drawing part.... all depends how skilled and practiced are you with graphic programs. It's not really complicated as you only operate in four colours, nor is it 3d, any CAD type program or Illustrator will do, I myself use old Corel.

Now turrets and the rest of the junk still needs wash, dirt rust and so on, before I move on to superstructures and other miscellaneous stuff...

Edited by Michael M
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 22:47, Michael M said:

I have a friend, who sends away big batches of stuff to be etched few times a year, I just slip in mine among that. Doing single pieces is probably expensive, as you say.....

Thanks

It turned out that our friends from HB mixed up Hotchkiss 47 mm guns. They gave mle 1885, and they should have given mle 1902. That's what you get when you use plans of a ship that was modified around 500 times during construction ;) Few evenings of correcting butchery and voilà:

48763061523_d003423315_o.jpg

48763061713_ed9bde98c5_o.jpg

Edited by Michael M
  • Like 10

29 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Is the difference great between the two? Just wondering as it's a 'weeny' gun and 1/350 at that.

Stuart

Just compare them with the previous photo , chalk and cheese 😉

Plus they are in quite exposed positions on the bridge and stern superstructure.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Michael M said:

Few evenings of correcting butchery

Gidday, don't you mean 'corrective surgery'? Since you pointed the difference out I think it would have been quite noticable to those in the know (which I am definitely NOT!)

1 hour ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

There’s a shocking - yes shocking - shortage of pre-Dreadnoughts on Britmodeller.

Your next project Steve? 🙂     Regards, Jeff.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:
1 hour ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

There’s a shocking - yes shocking - shortage of pre-Dreadnoughts on Britmodeller.

Yes Jeff, Steve's next build...that'll keep him quiet for a while :rofl:.

Stuart

53 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

I am happy to divulge right here, right now, in front of all of my good Britmodeller mates that my next project- the one right after the Avro 504 will be a 1/xx scale %#*¥€*€*£#!

There! So now you know! 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/20/2019 at 10:18 AM, Bandsaw Steve said:

There’s a shocking - yes shocking - shortage of pre-Dreadnoughts on Britmodeller...

I agree with you wholeheartedly, them modern tubs aren't really worth the effort 😜 

I seriously hope to see that #%&%^$%# sooner rather then later ;)  

Cheers

Mick 

• Like 2