Danton, Hobby Boss, 1:350

Thanks. I used 8 year old MIlliput for those blastbags ;) Had to scrape off the hardened shell, but underneath it was OK.

As for display, here is the website of that crowd, but they don't even have the English version....  http://acrylex.pl . To be honest I can't imagine case like that coming to UK from Poland in one piece... I work with couriers all the time, I've seen what they do with packages.

29 minutes ago, Michael M said:

Thanks. I used 8 year old MIlliput for those blastbags ;) Had to scrape off the hardened shell, but underneath it was OK.

As for display, here is the website of that crowd, but they don't even have the English version....  http://acrylex.pl . To be honest I can't imagine case like that coming to UK from Poland in one piece... I work with couriers all the time, I've seen what they do with packages.

Thanks+++ and copy that.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

You can not rush a good job and you going at this pace means I can take notes and then understand how you got the great paint job to try and use on some of my future projects keep it going please. :book:

Beefy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Michael M said:

Why all my builds have to be soooo damn looong ???

Because you don't model fast enough, simples!

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That is looking really good, as good as one of these could look anyway. I can only think the French were between naval architects when this was designed, its so ....untidy.... :( Not a commentary on your modelling though, that's excellent, you've inspired me to move a HMS Lord Nelson onto my to buy list.  :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Thanks, nice to see that someone is still watching :) I'm actually experimenting with black on sth else at the moment, but that's kinda 'quick project' allowing me to develop or test new things, without fouling the big boy here :)

32250505248_d8274bc7ee_o.jpg

45397830724_96c7d983bf_o.jpg

Little off top but I don't think it's worth of separate thread, best fun will be my first attempt at water :think:

Edited by Michael M
  • Like 11

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 16:24, Michael M said:

That is a way for finding imperfections Steve ;) As for detailing i have  very nice book about French battleships

14129.jpg

plus some nice original plans of Danton. French archives shared them for free at some stage about 10 years ago and then changed their minds and started charging for them. I was lucky enough to get them for free ;) If you want them PM me with e-mail address.

Can you share that with me? My e-mail address is [email protected]. Thank you.

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 09:50, stevehnz said:

I just need to see the positives in her design & think of it as having character. 

Funnily enough, Mrs Martian said something very similar about me only the other day!

Martian 👽

• Haha 6

Hello,
It is absolutely breathtaking, beautiful and at the same time a source of inspiration (although I doubt more than strongly to be able to imitate this one day).
A beautiful lesson to know how to do.
Thank you, Monsieur.
Marc

• Thanks 1