I'll be the first to say it - 'You mean this is 1/72nd scale?!'. Brilliant job!

Regards,

Jason

P.S. Now I really must buy one of these - I have no choice.

Edited by Learstang
Addition of postscript.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

She’s turned out beaut Tony.. are’nt you glad you kept going after having a slight hiccup towards the end - you can thank all your BM mates for the encouragement!! 

You have presented this kit so wonderfullly well that Airfix will hopefully sell shed loads of them. Do you wanna test build their soon to be announced 1/24 Me262 kit? (Only joking folks... but I wouldn’t be surprised after the 1/48 Blenheim announcement). 

Great WIP and RFI - just love em. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Forget the hiccups - an absolutely brilliant job Tony - inspiring as always.

Airfix should be paying you for this brilliant advertisement - OOB - AMAZING WORK :goodjob:

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Darby said:

So that's what they look like when finished. Turned out well. Mine went to landfill. That pitot looks 'stabby.' It hasn't drawn blood has it? 

4 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Not yet mate :D

ps that makes it not so OOB now ha ha 

yeh but - that's scratch building - not after market...

...and it looks like it could inflict a pretty decent scratch :lol: 

• Haha 1

Impressive, impressive, impressive, it can't be said/written enough! Tony, you have done a wonderful job; and, like Jason, I absolutely must have one. I mentioned that in the WIP; but, now even more so. Again, a great build, and an even greater recovery, this is a beautiful aircraft!

Joe

• Thanks 1

Sehr gut Mr Oliver!!

I really like it.

I know it gave you a few moments but so glad you worked through them as the finished result is fantastic.

Like about a million other people on this forum I reckon I'm going to be getting my hands on one of these before too long!

Thanks for the inspiration ....top stuff

Cheers

Bruce

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Super turn out Tony. Thank you for all the mentions too - it's invaluable for small outfits!

You have really tempted me to build a 262 at some point.

Well done!

No worries mate! Happy to help :) 

Super paints as in easy to get great results with good old enamels and colours look lovely too. 

Looking forward to doing a pair of tomcats in both schemes early next year with the gull and tps paints I bought of you same time as these RLM’s. Just need to finish trying out the mission paints first 👍🏿

• Like 1

That's an inspiring build. The colours look spot on too - you can't beat Sovereign colourcoats.

I'm intrigued by Gauzy Agent - not heard of that one..

Ian

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IanC said:

I'm intrigued by Gauzy Agent - not heard of that one..

Yeah its a clear varnish billed as a substitute for klear/floor polish type coatings. Similar to aquagloss. 

AK also do a thicker gauzy product in a tub to dip clear parts. 

However be warned, is doesn’t like being sanded according to @Mike

and also doesn’t go on top of decals too well. Seems to shrink away from itself and crack/craze when ontop of smooth decals. Like it cant hold on? I’m not the only one to discover this, see here 

Its still great for a pre decal gloss coat or protecting an NMF or metallic painted bits before an enamel wash as acrylic NMF’s can be quite fragile 👍🏿

Hope that helps Ian. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1