"A39 MkII CS" Tortoise Assault Gun

This model has been blogged over on Work In Progress, so I won't cover that off again.  Short version is that the war has dragged on into '46 or '47, Tortoise has come into service but the need for an assault gun version was identified.  MkII CS has a modified 4.5" field gun with a stereo coincidence rangefinder and a 20mm Polsten secondary.  Brownings have begun to replace BESAs.

Comments and criticisms appreciated.

MnMca2P.jpg

fQs5a40.jpg

07VmNoT.jpg

AWuGXR2.jpg

xCPVpzJ.jpg

nEIFTW5.jpg

yrkSzuV.jpg

• Like 14

But I will say that I am not a fan of indy link tracks that don't pivot/flex and need to be glued solid.  Getting them to fit properly is a pain.  Link and length might be better but I haven't tried any yet.  I prefer to paint them off the vehicle as I don't think it can be done properly once fitted.  I thought I had these set up, in 3 segments each side, but they didn't go together very well.  Don't look too closely.

I wasn't sure about taking off the top run side skirts and fenders, but I think it works.  Looks more ............ purposeful.  And muddy.

Not sure how I would have fitted the tracks post-build with them in place, especially round the sprockets but also the idlers, even allowing for not using the top runs.