Enterprise NCC1701 (TOS)

So finally, after many months of delay due to 'family things' I've found some time to post a few images of my finished Enterprise!

You can see my 'work in progress' thread at Revell Enterprise NCC1701 (TOS) - My First Model, which includes lots of photos, some better than these tbh.

As mentioned previously, this was my first model. I've learned a lot so far and enjoyed every minute of the build (apart maybe from masking the windows before paint spraying).

I really need to get a decent camera and video camera. I used my phone and these are pretty poor quality, the video is pretty dark and shakey too so sorry about that :(

I also need to create a work-in-progress post for my Revell Klingon D7 that I've started, but havent worked on for a while.

Anyway, here they are....

p?i=fabf70c46b9b3a55b7146d6da207a0e9

p?i=d17ac14725742381df1b786654899ce0

p?i=916df3ede0bac999fc88b54d7baed406

I plan to add some weathering in future models and to be a bit more adventurous when it comes to correcting inaccuracies in the model compared to the TV/Movie models. But, for a first model I'm very happy with this :)

Edited by SteveR
Added a better photos
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 2

"Ah...She's a beauty Captain, to be sure, but I knew how fast my Enterprise was going just though the deck plates. " 

Fabulous work Steve, and I know this is considered 1701 heresy by some, but I actually prefer the 1701 saucer with panel lines, gives added scale to her imho. Lovely job. Cheers B)     

• Like 1

Cracking job Steve!:thumbsup2:

I love the use of homebrew electronics. I’ve got all manner of projects lined up that I (hopefully) intend to use my limited Arduino skills on. Nice to see someone actually putting in the legwork themselves.

5 hours ago, picard said:

I know this is considered 1701 heresy by some, but I actually prefer the 1701 saucer with panel lines

Not entirely heretical….

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/5x06/trialstribbleations403.jpg

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/5x06/trialstribbleations501.jpg

Mart

• Like 2

Cracking job, an awesome addition to any trek collection, well done. :clap:

just a footnote: the Revell Enterprise depicts the upgraded model with panel lines, used in the DS9 episode Trials and Tribble-ations, also the Klingon cruiser had added surface detail.

Revell based their kits on these studio models from DS9.

All the best Chris

• Like 1

On 16/10/2017 at 12:20 PM, whitestar12chris said:

Cracking job, an awesome addition to any trek collection, well done. :clap:

just a footnote: the Revell Enterprise depicts the upgraded model with panel lines, used in the DS9 episode Trials and Tribble-ations, also the Klingon cruiser had added surface detail.

Revell based their kits on these studio models from DS9.

All the best Chris

That makes me feel a bit better Chris ;)

And thanks everyone for the encouraging comments!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

A fine example of the Enterprise!

Great build log too, I may use it in the "Space Seed" kit combo I have in the stash. 

I'd be intersted to learn more about your lighting rig and programming for the warp nacelles too.

• Like 1

I like the lighting especially :)  I'll go back and have a squint at the WIP to see how you did the nacelles :yes: I've got one of these in the MPC boxing that I got as far as painting white when I was a yoot, but put away only to find many many moons later :clif:

Thanks again for the kind words all :)

@Mikey-1980 & @Mike I originally planned to use a Raspberry Pie to control the lighting, in the end I built my own circuit(s) because I was worried abut running the wiring through the whole model to the base for all those LEDs and for both nacelles, so no programming. The chips I used for the warp nacelles were a '555 timer' to provide timing and a '4017 decade counter' to control the order LEDs were lit.

I've uploaded my notes, diagrams and Pad2Pad circuit projects to NCC1701 Circuits

The zip contains two folders, 'NavigationLights' and 'WarpNacelle'. Both contain Pad2Pad project files you can edit, as well as the BMP images I used to print the circuits in order to apply to single sided photosensitive boards. The 'WarpNacelle' folder also contains a text file with some important and useful info. If you use them, please treat them as experimental and be careful, I'm no expert!

As an alternative to building the boards/circuits yourself, I think @Madmonk is a bit of an expert with this kind of thing and even sells some lighting kits, so it might be worth checking out what he can help you with. He had some great advice for me on the electronics  that I plan to put in to practice after my current build-in-progress, a Klingon D7 Battlecruiser!

@Victory-is-in-the-Kitchen I have an AMT NCC-1701 Refit on the shelf waiting for me. As I'm a beginner I have several models to do first before I get to it... I really want it to be good as it's by far my favourite version of the Enterprise :) 

Thanks again everyone!

Edited by SteveR
  • Thanks 1

REally appriciate the tips their...electrics are not my strong point, but I am willing to give it a go.

I have a 1/550 JJABRAMS Enterprise in a state of build with a home made attempt at lighting it all up....the saucer section nav double blink lights are causing an issue at the moment so it has been shelved for the time being.

If @Madmonk has any tips or indeed a lighting rig for the Revell kits of the TOS and JJABRAMs kits, i would be interested in learning more.

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 09:14, Mikey-1980 said:

REally appriciate the tips their...electrics are not my strong point, but I am willing to give it a go.

I have a 1/550 JJABRAMS Enterprise in a state of build with a home made attempt at lighting it all up....the saucer section nav double blink lights are causing an issue at the moment so it has been shelved for the time being.

If @Madmonk has any tips or indeed a lighting rig for the Revell kits of the TOS and JJABRAMs kits, i would be interested in learning more.

Mikey-1980, sorry for not getting back, been on hols!

I have fully wired lighting kits for both Enterprises, though not cheap, £65 for TOS and £75 for JJPrise, videos of both are on the Tirydium Models YouTube channel if you want a looksee.

As an alternative I can also do control boards only if you are okay with wiring and soldering LEDs, I can do separate boards for the buzzards and the flashing Nav lights, including the double flash for the JJPrise.

If you want any more info drop me a PM rather than taking over Steve's thread.

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...