Azur / MPM Kits To Be Discontinued!

Madoc

Hello everyone!

I just saw this notice from Special Hobby that they're discontinuing all their Azur and MPM kit lines.

They're now running a 50% off sale to close out their inventories of them.

Anyone else here catch wind of this and what's behind it all?

Are the moulds going to be taken into the Special Hobby line?  Eliminated entirely and redone, eventually, with new tooling?

Special Hobby Website Announcement - Plastic & Steel Online - Azur and MPM product lines are being discontinued now!

I think the brands are not winding up their business but rather that special hobby is merely removing these brands from their own website . MPM might be winding up but then they are owned by the same folks as Special hobby I believe . Azur is a different team though but they also team up with SH I believe .

This is not the first time SH has given such a big sale on these two brands - they did the same during december 2015 as well . Didn't purchase anything that time but I have purchased the MPM 1/72 breda yesterday along with an eduard kit ( eduard kits are about 40% cheaper on SH site than the eduard site - eduard's own site is a massive rip off  ).

Special hobby used to sell FLY kits on their website as well but it stopped sometime last year ; now Azur follows . 

Edited by Basuroy

I do hope that Azur and MPM will not vanish from market. Or - rather - that models produced by them will no vanish... I do not care too much which brand they will use to sell them  (sorry for being so frank) :)

Cheers

J-W

never had the pleasure of building Azur kits though l been looking for their 1/32 Dewoitine D.520 kits for a bit now. Have several MPM 1/72 kits that l have yet to build. Like they say maybe their just dropping them from their website but still will produce them for wholesale places

Hacker...yes l been confirmed to be alien in nature