1/700 - Aoshima: HMS Exeter Java Sea condition.

MikeR

Aoshima have publically acknowledged that they're doing the Exeter: LINK.

Early shots:

o1500100014045819407.jpg?caw=800

o1500100014045819339.jpg?caw=800

Either the hull's a bit bendy, or the surface it's sitting on isn't flat! Looks not too bad anyway - it can certainly gives a better basis than the old and difficult to find Matchbox kit. Trumpeter have announced that they're going to do both the Exeter and the York in 1/350, so this pre-empts any possible 1/700 kit from them.

Also fits another trait for many of the non-Japanese subjects in the waterline range - sunk by the IJN!

Mike.

Edited by MikeR
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...

Good Morning Everyone,

I see this kit is now released. Does anyone in the UK stock this kit, if not any suggestions on where to buy it? 

Best Wishes,

Will.

Well, the box art is not untypical for Aoshima! Their initial releases of the USS Wasp, HMS Ark Royal, HMS Hermes, the Balao class submarine and the special edition Hayasui were in similar style. In my own view it isn't any different from the box art of, say, a Spitfire or P-51 having a Bf 109, Fw 190 or Zero going down in flames behind it!

There's a New Ship Related Releases thread in the Maritime modelling section that has many forthcoming kit and aftermarket releases listed.

Mike.:)

Edited by MikeR

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:19 PM, MikeR said:

The most likely candidate will be Starling Models though it's too soon for them to have any stock yet. I have one on the way courtesy of HobbySearch though HobbyLink Japan have them in stock as well.

Mike.

It's not in stock at HLJ, I checked earlier to see how much it was and it's showing as back-ordered.

thanks

Mike

1 hour ago, gavingav said:

it seems it's very difficult to find 700th ships at the moment, lots of new chinese start ups and established companies that dont seem to be imported in large numbers 

The best place seems to be hobbyeasy.com. They seem to get them all, provide for pre-orders of “coming soon” items and they have excellent service and prices. I have had very good luck with them. Located in Hong Kong, I wouldn’t order anything of Chinese manufacture anywhere else.

• Like 2

If you are looking for Chinese and Far East kit producers we at Starling Models stock Flyhawk, Snowman, Big Blue Boy, Five Star, Aoshima, Seals, Veteran, Yamashita Hobby, Pitroad and probably more I can't think of just now.  Based in the UK so no risk with import charges.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Next version of the 1/700 Aoshima HMS Exeter is now on HLJ called Atlantic Convoy Strategy. It appears to be supplied with the two different Flower Class corvettesaos05272_2_1527207359.jpg?v=1527207359

Looks like there will be a dedicated photoetch set too

aos05272_1_1527207359.jpg?v=1527207359

https://hlj.com/product/AOS05272

Edited by VMA131Marine

On 5/6/2018 at 9:40 PM, Mike McCabe said:

If you are looking for Chinese and Far East kit producers we at Starling Models stock Flyhawk, Snowman, Big Blue Boy, Five Star, Aoshima, Seals, Veteran, Yamashita Hobby, Pitroad and probably more I can't think of just now.  Based in the UK so no risk with import charges.

I have just bookmarked  the website, Thank you .

• Like 1