This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

tonyot

New 1/48th Scale Blenheim Announced by Airfix!!

6 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

No, it was the sound of the approaching black helicopters 

Those were just to distract you from the black SUV with tinted windows that pulled up outside your house.

Does anyone know if the differences between a I and a IV are just the forward fuselage? I have always thought that to be the case but am curious. The IV has more marking options and a longer war record.

Will

Interesting. I wonder whether, and if so how, they will represent the fresh camo colours around the re-done fuselage roundel on K7059? Maybe have an optional outer ring decal? And rely on the natural perversity of the universe to make the colours slightly different from what everyone uses for the actual paint?

SBS have done a lovely resin engine and cowl set as noted above and now they have propellers to go with them  https://www.sbsmodel.com/model/SBS-48064/bristol-blenheim-propeller-set-for-airfix-kit showing in stock as I type. Obviously could be applied to other 1/48 Blenheim kits if needed.

For the Mk. IV Hannants have discounted their repop of the CA Mk IV https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/CF4159?result-token=bwpWD and are showing a 1/48 conversion for the Airfix kit into a Mk.IV from Blackbird Models as a Future Release. Now I know there is 'history' between the two BMs but I know it wouldn't be planned if Airfix were doing one. So I think that comments above about just the one kit from Airfix are correct.

SBS Model new dedicated propeller sets

- ref. 48064 - Bristol Blenheim Propeller set

bristol-blenheim-propeller-set-for-airfi

bristol-blenheim-propeller-set-for-airfi

- ref. 48065 - Bristol Blenheim Propeller set with Finnish VL spinner

bristol-blenheim-propeller-set-with-finn

bristol-blenheim-propeller-set-with-finn

V.P.