New 1/48th Scale Blenheim Announced by Airfix!!

tonyot

9 hours ago, Radpoe Spitfire said:

You could always do a what if - scratch build an arrestor hook,  scribe a wing fold, paint it in navy colours and some spurious FAA decals- jobs a good 'un!!!!👍

No thanks, my current what if is doing my head in!

I'm hoping that it will turn out a good un.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Elias said:

Somebody must do a pair of Vokes filters.

Vokes filters are included in the kit. Obviously for a later version. Which is handy as the one I want to do has them fitted.........

3 hours ago, keithjs said:

Vokes filters are included in the kit. Obviously for a later version. Which is handy as the one I want to do has them fitted.........

Nice to hear and great option.Many Blenheims had them. 

I guess it's too soon to find any review  or photos from instructions or kit parts.

41 minutes ago, Elias said:

I guess it's too soon to find any review  or photos from instructions or kit parts.

I'm sure some will emerge soon but there was a decent build review in the last but one Airfix magazine. 

16 hours ago, Radpoe Spitfire said:

You could always do a what if - scratch build an arrestor hook,  scribe a wing fold, paint it in navy colours and some spurious FAA decals- jobs a good 'un!!!!👍

And, if you can stretch a point re arrester hook and folding wings, the FAA markings need not be spurious: the Blenheim I was operated by 5 FAA squadrons in 2nd-line roles.  Xtradecal provided 1/72 transfers for the most famous of them, 771 Sq, and I expect that in time they'll do the same for 1/48.  (They may already have done so but I make it a rule not to venture too far into that dark bourn.)

Edited by Seahawk
  • Like 3

On 11/19/2018 at 3:32 PM, 28ZComeback said:

The 1/48 Martin Maryland kit by Classic has Volkes on one version. 

Maryland or Baltimore? Special Hobby does the Maryland; Classic Airframes the Baltimore. If you meant Baltimore, that's a problem because the CA kit doesn't show up often on ebay and is prohibitively expensive when it does.

18 hours ago, Elias said:

Here you go.

https://imodeler.com/2018/11/imodeler-review-airfix-1-48-bristol-blenheim-mk-if/

Looks like there are short shot problems yet again so check your kits.

13 hours ago, tank152 said:

Looks like there are short shot problemsďťżďťżďťżďťżďťż yet again so check your kits.

The problem shown in the review kit looks very minor to be honest, not that there should be any short shots at all, and should be easy to deal with. (Update: I have 4 of these kits, which arrived yesterday, and no sign of any short shot issues. The clear parts look very good).

The main landing gear parts are a work of art on this kit; it may surpass the Walrus in terms of detail.

Edited by VMA131Marine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

This went a bit quiet post release very quickly. Has anyone dove into their kit properly yet, or is everyone waiting for the Mk.IV? 

I thought that with the flyer / survivor markings people would be going nuts for this, but I haven’t even picked this one up yet - and I really adore the Blenheim

Cheers,

WV908

Edited by WV908
Typo

1 hour ago, WV908 said:

This went a bit quiet post release very quickly. Has anyone dove into their kit properly yet, or is everyone waiting for the Mk.IV? 

I thought that with the flyer / survivor markings people would be going nuts for this, but I haven’t even picked this one up yet - and I really adore the Blenheim

Cheers,

WV908

At Telford I heard Airfix say that they wouldn't be tooling any ?other? variants.  To be honest I wasn't really listening as 1/48 isn't my scale.

However having read reviews, seen sprue shots eg Hyperscale today, it would seem that this has all the parts for the bomber variant - including bombs!  In any case I think (others may well know better) that the early Fighter variants were actually converted from Bombers.

So presumably Airfix were referring to the long nose Mk lV variants, which I think differed in more than just the length of nose.  Thus anyone hoping that the range of 1/72 variants would be repeated 1/48 will be disappointed.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply Denford, 

It will be a shame if they don’t do the IV. I’m sure someone will be along with a conversion kit if they don’t.

Cheers,

WV908

1 hour ago, WV908 said:

It will be a shame if they don’t do the IV.

They may have found that the internal and external differences between the I and the IV are more substantial than we realise, to the point that a simple change of the nose is not sufficient for an accurate replica of the IV. That said, I would be in for a Mk.IV conversion if it is easier to build than the Classic Airframes kit.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Dedicated resin nacelles & engines by SBS Model - ref. 48059

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2301719059848475&id=117380071615729

At Mosonshow we will have one more new set! SBS 48059 1/48 Bristol Blenheim engine & cowling set for Airfix kit. Set includes exhaust and intakes as well! A complete engine update set

57004893.jpg 57384399.jpg

V.P.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
18 minutes ago, Work In Progress said:

"while the 1/48 Blenheim Mk 1 (A09190) is back with with pre-War and Balkan-theatre liveries"?

No idea, I stopped reading when I came to the bit about the Beaufort. ;) :D

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5