New 1/48th Scale Blenheim Announced by Airfix!!

tonyot

45 minutes ago, Hub Plott said:

Well they are beginning to restore a DH Hornet to airworthiness in NZ! Substantial parts recovered from Canada and elsewhere Per Classic Wings  magazine.

David Collins, who is the world's leading Hornet expert, is closely advising this project. As with the recent Mosquitos it will be effectively new-build using some reclaimed components, some of the metal components will be very useful and the otehr parts will proide useful patterns. The orginal fuselage concrete moulds still exist.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowen250 said:

Hornet plans exist

I'm not sure about that.  To be sure there are plenty of 3 view GA drawings, most of them inaccurate in one way or another.  Should have said engineering drawings of parts and their assembly.  Airfix work to nothing less excepting only an example that can be measured.

That said I'm sure Airfix are following up the re-build (said to be) underway in NZ.  Not sure how much 'poetic licence' is being taken: must follow up on the de H' Heritage Centre where the have (what is claimed to be) the only extant part!  I think too that there has been a (partial) rebuild of a cockpit.

23 minutes ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi

Well the airfix announcement explains why all those CA kits are on e bay now 

cheers

jerry

Most of them are listed at a ridiculous price; at least twice what the Airfix kit will be selling for. It's not an easy kit to build either.

Hello dears !!

This is what I will call a super good new !!

A good, Lidarised, modern Bristol Blenheim !

I can't wait to see that kit !

They also show a photo with a Swordfish and a Gauntlet ! I start dreaming !!

Holy Graal, already super glad with the Blenheim !

Will buy at least 2 of it !

So come on Airfix, have a really good gesture, I dream Of a Blackburn R1, or a Ripon ! Come on please !

Sincerely

happy Corsaircorp

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Smithy said:

It's fantastic news. There's already a thread about this with a fair bit of discussion in the "Rumourmonger" sub-board.

Thank Smithy

Now this is no longer a rumour !

It's been published in the workbench !

YYYiiii aaaaaahhhh !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

Hopefully with the Mk.IV they will include the side blisters to the cockpit windows missed on the 1/72nd one. But I too, will have a look at the kit when it arrives. Nice.

By the way, Hannants have it listed for release  "...end of 2018..."

• Like 1

Not really my thing (distinct lack of deck hook folding wings and Royal Navy above the serial number) but I'll be sure to get one

so Airfix has some money in the tin to produce things with the aforementioned good bits.

• Like 1

God bless you Airfix !!!!! not only for being my inspiration along my 58 year modelling /life adventure but relaunching yourself into the fantastic company you are today

Have just received the Walrus and am loving it, another two will soon grace my stash, as will four Sea Furies next month upon release 

The Blenheim  ! a Mk 1 too ! what a wonderful choice i remember building a 1/72 kit to specs by Ray Rimell's article on his Battle of Britain series in Scale Models all those years ago

Cad drawings look fantastic , can't wait

Thank You !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NAVY870 said:

Not really my thing (distinct lack of deck hook folding wings and Royal Navy above the serial number) but I'll be sure to get one

so Airfix has some money in the tin to produce things with the aforementioned good bits.

@NAVY870

Just for you.......

http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/aircraft/blenheim.htm

Trevor

• Like 1

Just saw the news on Aeroscale. May I join to say how happy I am? Now big question, Finnish or Romanian?

And Airfix many, many thanks but where is my Lizzie? A Battle would do too.

Saw this while scoffing my porridge this morning. Not my scale but still interested & happy for those who worship at the altar of the devils scale. Not being of that ilk, was this foretold? Afaics, only Scimitar is claiming esoteric gifts for this. I hadn't seen any discussion foretelling its arrival, not that that means much. :)

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1