1:48 Tornado F3, 11 Sqd, RAFLeeming

Ok so over the last couple of weeks I have been finishing off projects that I started some time ago and this is one I started over 2 years ago! It is the HobbyBoss 1:48 Tornado F3 which I had given up on as the fit was poor and I got bored of it. 

Anyway I decided to have another go at it and this is the result. Its not bad but far from perfect but 'in flight' it looks pretty good in the special scheme.

It was largely out of the box with resin seats and Xtradecal decals. Paints were Gunze and Tamiya with some Alclad. 

I love the Tornado F3 and am eagerly awaiting build reviews on the Revell kit which I am hoping is much better than the HobbyBoss one

cheers

chris 

untitled-4.jpguntitled.jpguntitled-2.jpguntitled-5.jpguntitled-6.jpguntitled-8.jpguntitled-9.jpguntitled-7.jpg

• Like 42

You've made a beautiful job of that, and in my opinion one of the nicest F.3 schemes there was. An F.3 with black fin/spine just seems to work.

The Hobby Boss kit had a lot going for it and I reckon if they had just gotten the intake shape right and slightly flattened the canopy, any of the other niggles would have been passable under a good build and paint job like yours.

I've received my Revell F.3 and it does look good, a lot of parts carry over from the GR/IDS but the necessary changes seem to have been made. Resisting the temptation to start it until I clear some in-work projects off the bench.

Excellent work on your F.3, looking forward to seeing you produce a Revell one 👍

Eng

1 hour ago, eng said:

You've made a beautiful job of that, and in my opinion one of the nicest F.3 schemes there was. An F.3 with black fin/spine just seems to work.

The Hobby Boss kit had a lot going for it and I reckon if they had just gotten the intake shape right and slightly flattened the canopy, any of the other niggles would have been passable under a good build and paint job like yours.

I've received my Revell F.3 and it does look good, a lot of parts carry over from the GR/IDS but the necessary changes seem to have been made. Resisting the temptation to start it until I clear some in-work projects off the bench.

Excellent work on your F.3, looking forward to seeing you produce a Revell one 👍

Eng

thanks Eng and you are spot on about the HobbyBoss kit! I havent got the Revell one yet but it does sound good I have to say. Out of madness I started the Italeri one - will see how that turns out!

chris 

ok so I took the plunge with my Italeri Tonka kit and actually the fit so far has been quite good! Detail not as good as the HoobyBoss one but ok. Doing this one in flight again and just checking to see which schemes to do

This is two days worth of work... 

chris 

2017-10-13_15.54.05-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

That looks great ! I would like to build the same aircraft but can’t get hold of that decal sheet anymore. Would you or anyone else have a spare sheet I could buy please ?

many thanks

Phil :)