1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23MF "Flogger-B" & MiG-23ML "Flogger-G" & MiG-23BN "Flogger-H" by Eduard (Trumpeter plastic) - released

Homebee

1 hour ago, B.sin said:

Looking over the parts, I noticed  there are 2 nose cones, was there any retooling?  I have heard the nose cone was off. Metallic details had made an replacement part.

Unfortunately there are no new parts for the nose.

One nose is for the MiG-23MF, the other for the MiG-23ML.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sanjuro said:

One nose is for the MiG-23MF, the other for the MiG-23ML.

Yeh, but both noses in the kit are off. Metallic Detail is for the MF, but Stenka (from Cold War Studio) is currently working on a correction for the ML.

Yeh, he is.

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2018 at 1:48 PM, ya-gabor said:

As it has been said before Edu is not doing correction sets just detail sets and they did not care too much for the fundamental mistakes of the original kit.

It would have been a good chance to have corrections (Edu has the technology and knowledge) and for the modellers to be able to build a close to perfect version of the MF. An opportunity lost once again. :( 

Well, in the October's Info Eduard magazine they announced corrected intake sets to be released in November (separate sets for MF and ML), so that's very welcome (I wish somebody made those in 1/32).

Additionally, wheel bays for the ML are coming as well.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, B.sin said:

It would be nice if Edward made new nose's for the kits.

A correction tail would also be welcome!

New nose, new engine, new cockpit, new pylons, new intakes, new undecarriage bays, nem wheels, new missiles . . .

So what is left of the original plastic kit in the end??? :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  And how much will it cost over all???? Will the undercarriage legs hold all those resins? Or will it collapse as the AMK MiG-31 plastic legs?

It is time that a true state of art MiG-23 kit is made in 48th, as well as 72nd . . .   Dreams, dreams, dreams . . .

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 3

THE question was put several times to Mr. Sulc and the response was usually a no comment / lets speak about more important things.

Now that they have done this limited kit, invested into it, we are not likely to see any work in this direction by them for a very long time. They have everything to do a perfect kit (well OK with some MINOR problems :D :winkgrin:) but still much better than anything else on the market.

Same goes for MiG-17 and MiG-19 family. The question was raised not by me but by fellow Czech modellers!  

There are other “priorities” at Edu like the Me-109, Spit, FW-190,  Mustang . . . All subjects which have never been kited before!  B) :D 

Now when is the Eduard F-16 and F-14 Tomcat is to be released?  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D   

Is there any decent Tomcat around in 48th nowdays???  :D  :D  :D  :D Common Eduard it is aobut time!!!

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

THE question was put several times to Mr. Sulc and the response was usually a no comment / lets speak about more important things.

Now that they have done this limited kit, invested into it, we are not likely to see any work in this direction by them for a very long time. They have everything to do a perfect kit (well OK with some MINOR problems :D :winkgrin:) but still much better than anything else on the market.

Same goes for MiG-17 and MiG-19 family. The question was raised not by me but by fellow Czech modellers!  

There are other “priorities” at Edu like the Me-109, Spit, FW-190,  Mustang . . . All subjects which have never been kited before!  B) :D 

Now when is the Eduard F-16 and F-14 Tomcat is to be released?  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D   

Is there any decent Tomcat around in 48th nowdays???  :D  :D  :D  :D Common Eduard it is aobut time!!!

Best regards

Gabor

To take this further off topic! I heard a interview with Mr. Sulc and he stated his favorite era of aircraft are WWII fighters. So as much as I would drool for a accurate 48th scale MiG-23 MLD "Flogger-K" (My personal favorite version" I think we'll see more WWI fighters. I think more than anything they will go where the market takes them.

I've gotten the Eduard 1/48 MiG-23ML kit, for which I've purchased the Ciro Model set (the one which brings the corrected windshield/canopy, intakes and lower airbrakes); the Metallic Details corrected radome (which is intended for the MF - you'll need to modify the tip in order to add the pitot); and Master pitot tube.

So, typically; now that I already purchased the Metallic Details bit, I've learnt that my mate Stenka from Cold War Studio is currently working on a radome correction for the Eduard Flogger G, specifically.

So what's with the engine, wheel bays, cockpit, pylons and wheels on the Eduard kit now? Ain't the blokes at AWC in Poland working on corrections sets for the Eduard Floggers as well?

Edited by Uncle Uncool
The ghost in the keyboard (or too early in the morning?)

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

I'd really like to see  an F13 and U / UM 

The chances are . . . . .      :(   :(   :(   :(   :(  both in 72nd and 48th from Eduard. Just as a good MiG-21bis.   :(   :(   :(

8 hours ago, boom175 said:

To take this further off topic! 

A lot of people would like to see a really good MiG-23 (which ever version, everyone have their own preferences, I would vote for the MF and the MLD as my favourites) so I dont think it is so much an off-topic here.

The sad thing is that where we stand at the moment is a bad kit for which you need a ton of resin, photoetch, vac-form . . .  to make it into something resembling the real MiG-23. 

Wouldn’t it be easier to make it from scratch and make it good?  All the nations which ones had the Flogger in service still have one or two in museums and accessible for design from which to start from zero and make it a good replica. The Czech Republic was one of them with Eduard in the country. :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

If it was only for a replacement nose, a detailed engine . . .  then I would say what the heck lets make the kit look better, but here you are confronted with more, More, MORE resin parts and a miniscule plastic left in the end of the original kit. What is the point of it??? We are in 2018 and not in 1980’s or 90’s where there was no other choice.

8 hours ago, boom175 said:

I heard a interview with Mr. Sulc and he stated his favorite era of aircraft are WWII fighters. 

They started Eduard with WW I aircraft, I would say that is more his love, but WW II kits make more money. Only by now it is a very saturated market. Still it is his love and his company, so . . . 

Eduard has satisfied (partly) the market craving for a MiG-23 with this re-box. So we should be happy with it. 

I have the original MF kit, but it is deep, very deep in my stash of never to be built kits, far too much work, time and energy to go into it. 

So there is only hope that one day someone will do a good kit.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

13 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

A lot of people would like to see a really good MiG-23 (which ever version, everyone have their own preferences, I would vote for the MF and the MLD as my favourites) so I dont think it is so much an off-topic here.

The sad thing is that where we stand at the moment is a bad kit for which you need a ton of resin, photoetch, vac-form . . .  to make it into something resembling the real MiG-23. 

Wouldn’t it be easier to make it from scratch and make it good?  All the nations which ones had the Flogger in service still have one or two in museums and accessible for design from which to start from zero and make it a good replica. The Czech Republic was one of them with Eduard in the country.

definitely true,

but I  totally rebuild  an ESCI kit many years ago (just before Trumpeter released theirs ...) as a Hungarian MF by the way and the Trumpeter offering is a big improvement, which I sadly have not started yet.... (with CIRO models updates etc...)

so I definitely welcome the Eduard release (with I assume very well researched decals!) and their shift to resin CORRECTION sets! hopefully they will also cater for the different noses.... Metallic detail provides which version exactly?.....

I'd like to see a MiG-27 as well..... 

Edited by exdraken

Trumpeter MiG-23 series is great. Yeah, some issues with the nose and tail, you have AM for that if it bothers you. The details and the plastic is great IMO. OOB it makes into a great model...  There are many other kits I wish they did in 1:48, MiG-23 is just ok as it is...

That's just my opinion.

Edited by vesthepes
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, vesthepes said:

Trumpeter MiG-23 series is great. Yeah, some issues with the nose and tail, you have AM for that if it bothers you. The details and the plastic is great IMO. OOB it makes into a great model...  There are many other kits I wish they did in 1:48, MiG-23 is just ok as it is...

That's just my opinion.

Agree, their MF boxing is one of the most enjoyable builds I've done, I know you get a book with this release but it seems prrtty expensive regardless.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 2:56 PM, boom175 said:

To take this further off topic! I heard a interview with Mr. Sulc and he stated his favorite era of aircraft are WWII fighters. So as much as I would drool for a accurate 48th scale MiG-23 MLD "Flogger-K" (My personal favorite version" I think we'll see more WWI fighters. I think more than anything they will go where the market takes them.

Yes.....I heard this too.....which is why I understand Eduard's next 1:48 scale kit (after the Tempest) will be a Supermarine Spitfire Mk I  🤨

• 1 month later...
On 17/10/2018 at 17:19, Tiger331 said:

Yes.....I heard this too.....which is why I understand Eduard's next 1:48 scale kit (after the Tempest) will be a Supermarine Spitfire Mk I  🤨

Wasn't it going to be the P-51?

On 10/15/2018 at 6:59 AM, vesthepes said:

Trumpeter MiG-23 series is great. Yeah, some issues with the nose and tail, you have AM for that if it bothers you.

Vlad, what's exactly wrong with the tail on the Trumpy kit? I've learnt so far about the nose (fixed by the Metallic Details bit); windshield/canopy, intakes, rear lower airbrakes (which are fixed by the triple Ciro Models set I bought).

Cheers,

Unc2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply Unc, haven't been hanging around here for some time...

As far as I remember the M/MS version kit has double hinges on the rudder visible, suited for the latter version. It's a minor fix but still...

I hope you can see from the photo...

r04jfc.jpg