1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23MF "Flogger-B" & MiG-23ML "Flogger-G" & MiG-23BN "Flogger-H" by Eduard (Trumpeter plastic) - released

Homebee

Eduard has just announced 1/48th Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23MF "Flogger-B" & MiG-3ML "Flogger-G" in Czechoslovak service.

New tool? That's the question. Frankly I hardly imagine Eduard reboxing the Trumpeter's MiG-23 kits. But who knows.

If they're new tool and from the same barrel as their 1/48th MiG-21 "Fishbed" :analintruder:

Source:  

https://scontent.fbru2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/22382055_1823842124297393_5421894630712582162_o.png?oh=3b46bbc2e5e4abf84b990a1a4b7b5aba&oe=5A403F00

MiG-23MF/ML in Czechoslovak service 1/48
MiG-23MF/ML v čs. službách 1/48

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ABeck said:

I would like new landing gear legs!

Indeed! But the brass ones, not white metal.

19 hours ago, Radleigh said:

Would they add the corrections?

Y'know, methinks it wasn't a coincidence I were listening to ...And Justice For All by Metallica when the janitor handed my recently arrived Trumpeter 1/48 MiG-23ML kit + Ciro Models triple correction set and Metallic Details nose cone parcel meal, as after checking 'em all, it was as tho the lyrics on the bridge of that tune were like:

The ultimate in stupidity

Exploiting their inefficiency

I can't believe all the bits I just got

I can't believe, I can't believe the price I paid

Nothing is worthy 

Modeller's lost, modeller's raped

Modeller's gone

Pulling your leg, modeller's done

Seeking no truth, winning is all

Find it so grim, so true, so real

4 hours ago, Laurent said:

Eduard produces mostly detailing sets, not much correction sets.

Even though I got a lota correction bits for my Trumpy kit, it still need a lot of help to avoid not being Scheiße

Yeh, it does.

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Even though I got a lota correction bits for my Trumpy kit, it still need a lot of help to avoid not being Scheiße

Think positively: they could have reboxed the MiG-23BN...

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:analintruder: Monsieur Laurent!

Howdy, my bru?

Pretty good thanks

Y'know I don't think I'd like how the Trumpy MiG-23BN kit look even with Cold War Studio's awesome correction set. Just don't dig that version at all.

I can understand that. The 23BN has a short skinny nose. I prefer the 27 and the K in particular.

Speaking as a fully paid up member of the "That looks fine to me" Club, I'll have two of these! I love those schemes! Cannot afford the 1/32 versions and their associated aftermarket decals but, these'll do nicely!

Allan

• 5 months later...

Decals look rather complete!

1534342113_500.jpg

Rest not so much.... where sre the breassin nozzles or Aphids or wheels??

Engine intakes anyone?

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, exdraken said:

Decals look rather complete! Rest not so much.... where sre the breassin nozzles or Aphids or wheels?? Engine intakes anyone?

They'll probably offer them separately with time. Hopefully, they'll make an intakes set as well.

They could have added more non-Czechoslovakian options, though (e.g. Iraq, Syria, etc.) as I doubt they'll release more boxings.

Edited by Dudikoff

18 minutes ago, Dudikoff said:

They'll probably offer them separately with time. Hopefully, they'll make an intakes set as well.

They could have added more non-Czechoslovakian options, though (e.g. Iraq, Syria, etc.) as I doubt they'll release more boxings.

Hi, most of the sets mentioned already exist anyways....intakes not afaik.

I assume this boxing is tailored to the Czech market....as previouse MiG-21MF and Mi-35 boxings were as well....

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, exdraken said:

I assume this boxing is tailored to the Czech market....as previouse MiG-21MF and Mi-35 boxings were as well....

Yeah, you're right, I wasn't following it much as I bought the 1/32 MLD one first so I'm trying to scrap the sets for that one.

I still hope they do an intake set then, just to have more options as I'd probably like to do a 1/48 M or an export MF, too and 1/32 is quite big and the detail sets are expensive.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, exdraken said:

Ciro Models and Aires/Quickboost do resin intakes for the MiG-23 in 1/48.

Metallic Models do a resin nose.

Ciro Models do a resin rear fuselage to correct the errors with the airbrakes.

Jon

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jon Bryon said:

Ciro Models and Aires/Quickboost do resin intakes for the MiG-23 in 1/48.

Metallic Models do a resin nose.

Ciro Models do a resin rear fuselage to correct the errors with the airbrakes.

Jon

The Ciro Models upgrade sets are currently not available.

http://shop.ciromodels.com/lang-en/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 4 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/photos/a.122154977799458/2248597485155186/?type=3&theater

BEDNA – MiG-23MF/ML in 1/48 scale
- October 2018 release - available on E-day 2018 and E-day Afterparty.
- Unique combination of Trumpeter plastic parts for MiG-23MF/ML
- Eduard weaponry plastic sprues
- Eduard Brassin seat and steelbelts, underwing racks and R-23T missiles
- Cartograf printed decals for 13 markings
- 128 pages photo book about MiG-23MF/ML/U in Czechoslovak / Czech Air Force service (in Czech; English translation available for download).

41613757.jpg

V.P.

• Like 2

Sad that no mention is made (in Eduards INFO or on their site) of the books author Martin Janusek (he did the books for the MiG-21 box sets). Only a single image of the books cover was posted by Eduard where his name is visible in minute letters. I know that he has put in a hell of a lot of work into this book and the content is superb. :worthy: :worthy: 

As it has been said before Edu is not doing correction sets just detail sets and they did not care too much for the fundamental mistakes of the original kit.

It would have been a good chance to have corrections (Edu has the technology and knowledge) and for the modellers to be able to build a close to perfect version of the MF. An opportunity lost once again. :( 

And yes, the boxing is customized for the Czech market.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1