*done* PK-80 1:76 Jagdpanther (rebox)

vppelt68

No sign of my 109 in the mail yet, so as I ran into a Revell remake of the Matchbox Sd.Kfz. 173 Jagdpanther, I just had to buy it! Apparetly this was/is quite accurate kit of one in 1:76 scale. The box contents look good anyway and flash free. Well done Matchbox!

Jagdpanther bought!

Box"art"

Instructions

Instructions.

Pure Matchbox but monocolour.

The beef. Will start with that minibase! V-P

• Like 12

Too true, the Puma Armoured Car was one of the best kits I ever built as a teenager. It was such a pleasure to build that for a short time it changed my modelling passion from building aircraft to armour. Perhaps I should revisit one of these little gems once again. 

Good luck with this Jagdpanther build. The sprues do look like their in good shape. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

I loved the Matchbox armour kits in my youth, they went together really well and built up into accurate replicas of the real thing and the display bases were a very good touch.

Can't have the Wehrmacht having it all it's own way, I'm sure I've got a T-34 hidden away somewhere that my son bought for me as a nostalgia trip, will have to see if I can dig it out.

• Like 1

Painted most of the roadwheels, well, as the most hated thing I know in plastic modelling is still left to do: painting the rubber surfaces of a German big cat interleaved suspension roadwheels. I h8 it!

Splashed some colour on the base too. Will add tarmac, concrete and brick colours when the black base has dried.

As the Jp will be a late model I started removing the tool racks from the hull sides. No sanding before the black paint has dried, again.

Progress

V-P

• Like 4

I got some job done on the Jp after the base was finished. I sanded away the empty tool racks, filled the slots for those american jerrycans supplied in the kit and added front mudguards made of thin aluminium.

2017-10-13_09-39-33

The wheels got painted and the suspension assembled. While I'm writing this, the thinned and sliced crew hatches are glued and setting, as is the barrel cleaning set tube that got relocated to the back of the engine hatch. So all it needs now is more paint and tracks!

2017-10-13_09-44-12

This will look a bit hybrid-like, with features of late and final production variants. I comfort myself with the thought that in 1945 Jerry scratched together what ever he could, with whatever parts... V-P

Edit: one hour later the Jp looks like this.

2017-10-13_10-53-48

Maybe the primer red needs to be painted over, behind the wheels.

• Like 8

Is there a prize for finishing first? That’s come up very well and building at this rate should see you complete at least 90 Matchbox kits from their back catalogue during this GB period! 

Go Vpplt!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• vppelt68 changed the title to *done* PK-80 1:76 Jagdpanther (rebox)