Panzer VI Tiger STGB Chat

Plasto

this lovely showed up the other day just before I headed off with work.

IMG_2602-L.jpg

It's a small deep box and is jammed packed with parts......I made the mistake pulling everything out to look at them, now the box won't close and I can't remember the order in! :doh:

IMG_2603-L.jpg

Has full interior and the works, plus a clear top to show it all off as well. Got it from China, super cheap and only took 7 days from time of order (on evilBay) till it arrived in Oz. :thumbsup:  About to but some more stuff from this guy. :D

• Like 4

Just realised I haven't decided what to build yet for this STGB. I've got plenty in 1/35 and some in 1/48. Might build a couple of 1/48 versions or go for one of the more complex 1/35 Tigers. I'll have to have a look through what I've got at the weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 26 January 2019 at 23:53, trickyrich said:

this lovely showed up the other day just before I headed off with work.

IMG_2602-L.jpg

It's a small deep box and is jammed packed with parts......I made the mistake pulling everything out to look at them, now the box won't close and I can't remember the order in! :doh:

IMG_2603-L.jpg

Has full interior and the works, plus a clear top to show it all off as well. Got it from China, super cheap and only took 7 days from time of order (on evilBay) till it arrived in Oz. :thumbsup:  About to but some more stuff from this guy. :D

Looks fantastic Trickyrich, with a full interior that will keep you busy.

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Just realised I haven't decided what to build yet for this STGB. I've got plenty in 1/35 and some in 1/48. Might build a couple of 1/48 versions or go for one of the more complex 1/35 Tigers. I'll have to have a look through what I've got at the weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

Wow Stix, I will probably just about finish 1, there are definitely a lot of kits to chose from.

not long after this STGB got the required numbers, I wrote off to the tank museum down in Bovington.  To see if there was any chance of a free ticket for a prize, I got an e-mail back saying all complementary tickets had been  allocated for 2018 try again in January. So I did and below is a family ticket for the tank museum valid until Jan 2020, I just need to workout with Stix and Enzo the fairest way to award this prize.

a big thank you to the tank museum.

image.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RT Nevada said:

Can I join in with a takom 1/35 king tiger?

Welcome aboard RT, looking forward to seeing your build.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 7:03 PM, Ozzy said:

not long after this STGB got the required numbers, I wrote off to the tank museum down in Bovington.  To see if there was any chance of a free ticket for a prize, I got an e-mail back saying all complementary tickets had been  allocated for 2018 try again in January. So I did and below is a family ticket for the tank museum valid until Jan 2019, I just need to workout with Stix and Enzo the fairest way to award this prize.

a big thank you to the tank museum.

image.jpg

Er, Clive, I don't have a time machine. Luckily, the ticket is valid until JAN 2020!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Badder said:

Er, Clive, I don't have a time machine. Luckily, the ticket is valid until JAN 2020!

Rearguards,

Badder

It takes me until June before I get the year right.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, coolhand said:

Hi, 

Room for one more? I would like to join in with a tamiya 1/35 Tiger l early. Looking to try workable tracks for the first time.

Definitely enough room Coolhand, the Tamiya tiger was my first tiger build. As with all Tamiya it’s a very nice build, I will toying with metal tracks for mine so will be watching with interest.

I'd like to add my name to the list please I have the Tamiya Tiger I Ausf. E (Late version) ready to build after whetting my appetite on the Pz. IV GB.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MarkSH said:

I'd like to add my name to the list please I have the Tamiya Tiger I Ausf. E (Late version) ready to build after whetting my appetite on the Pz. IV GB.

Cheers,

Mark.

We definitely have space, not built this kit are you going to use the Tamiya zim sheet of are you having a go wit putty?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

We definitely have space, not built this kit are you going to use the Tamiya zim sheet of are you having a go wit putty?

This is the kit in my stash:

47195978411_4efa5a1e63_c.jpg

Hmm! Zimmerit, journeying further into the dark side with that....however, I have carried out some limited research and have decided to have ago with the appropriate type of putty method, further investigation required.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Churchill said:

I had such a good time with the Pz IV STGB, it would be a shame to miss this. Not sure what I'll build, maybe an Elefant? Will be 1:72 whatever it is. 

Welcome aboard Churchill, whatever you decide to build will be a welcome addition to the GB.

Can anyone clear something up for me? According to Scalemates and some reviews I've found, Dragon released a 1:72 Elefant in 2003, model number 7201. This was somewhat flawed and so just a year later they brought out model number 7253, badged as the Armor Pro version, which corrected some of the issues with the earlier release. 7253 also had the option of both one-piece tracks or line and link, and included some photoetch. 

Now 7253 is difficult to find, and often overpriced. But in 2017 Dragon brought out model 7515. This is easy to find in the UK and the box says Armor Pro. But I can't find any reviews of it and the few images of the box contents and instruction sheet that I can find seem to show that this latest version no longer has the line and link tracks or the photoetch or the bit of interior detail that 7253 had. 

Does anyone know if the 7515 version is as detailed as the older 7253, at least externally? Because if it is then I'll get it for this STGB, and if not then I'll keep hunting for the older release and if necessary order it from outside the UK. 

On 24/02/2019 at 12:45, MarkSH said:

Hmm! Zimmerit, journeying further into the dark side with that....however, I have carried out some limited research and have decided to have ago with the appropriate type of putty method, further investigation required.

:thumbsup:   Groupbuilds are the right place to try something new. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK - I've had such a good time in the Panzer IV GB I can't resist and I'll be popping along for this one with 3 Revell King Tigers.  Now to get into the spirit - take a look at this and choose your tiger name...

tiger-name.jpg

...mine is Leapy Fangtooth :lol:

• Like 3

Tigger Fangtooth.

11 hours ago, BIG X said:

OK - I've had such a good time in the Panzer IV GB I can't resist and I'll be popping along for this one with 3 Revell King Tigers.  Now to get into the spirit - take a look at this and choose your tiger name...

tiger-name.jpg

...mine is Leapy Fangtooth :lol:

HOW UTTERLY , UTTERLY, CHILDISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dalek:

Oh! Yay! I have Tigger Fangtooth!

:clap2:

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Ohh, this looks fun, turns out I'm speedy felinefine☺️

Come and join the fun Speedy Felinefine, there are plenty of subjects to choose from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1