Panzer VI Tiger STGB Chat

Plasto

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Theres always room for another tiger.

Mine are only small!

Unsure at present as to what I would build but possibly a gruppe fehrman tiger 1 or prototype sturmtiger

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badger said:

Mine are only small!

Unsure at present as to what I would build but possibly a gruppe fehrman tiger 1 or prototype sturmtiger

Size is not important my friend,

both choices sound fantastic, if you get time you could build both. I've not built a 1/72 tank for years and  having finished the Sherman GB where there were a few, I was very surprised at the detail there is nowadays.

I will probably change my mind a few times between now and then but they were two recent additions to the stash.

The gruppe fehrman tiger is the 1/72 dragon kit and needs patchy zimmerit adding. Luckily I have just ordered some resin sheets for another project and plan on using the leftovers on the tiger.

The sturmtiger is the trumpeter kit and can be built straight out of the box, just needing some of the details refining.

All the best

Ben

• Like 2

2 hours ago, badger said:

I will probably change my mind a few times between now and then but they were two recent additions to the stash.

The gruppe fehrman tiger is the 1/72 dragon kit and needs patchy zimmerit adding. Luckily I have just ordered some resin sheets for another project and plan on using the leftovers on the tiger.

The sturmtiger is the trumpeter kit and can be built straight out of the box, just needing some of the details refining.

All the best

Ben

They both look fantastic kits, there is plenty of time to change your mind and then go back to the original choice.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/7/2018 at 5:45 PM, badger said:

That'll be interesting and both economical and a green option. :D  

On 5/7/2018 at 8:02 PM, Ozzy said:

They both look fantastic kits, there is plenty of time to change your mind and then go back to the original choice.

Change your mind many, many times. Be encouraged to build six simultaneously by @Enzo Matrix. Recover from injuries sustained by a stash mining accident. Give up looking for the kit you planned and but three more. :idea: 

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

I can't promise anything but this does sound interesting, especially seeing I've started a AFV building phase (there maybe pills or ointments to help with this).

If I can make it it'll be one of the following, not sure what I fancy yet...., either a Sturmtiger or Ferdinand/Elefant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

I can't promise anything but this does sound interesting, especially seeing I've started a AFV building phase (there maybe pills or ointments to help with this).

If I can make it it'll be one of the following, not sure what I fancy yet...., either a Sturmtiger or Ferdinand/Elefant. 

Rich,

if your AFVs turn out like your aircraft, it will be a pleasure to watch.

1 hour ago, the South African said:

In with a panzer IV J and a early tiger 1

Regards:

Shaun 

You are very welcome Shaun with the Tiger 1, we get to build Panzer IV’s with @PlaStix in December.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, the South African said:

In with a panzer IV J and a early tiger 1

Regards:

Shaun 

Hi Shaun. As @Ozzy mentioned, above, if you want to build your Pz.IV J as part of a Group Build you are more than welcome to join the Pz.IV STGB which starts on December 15th. A link to that GB can be found here.

Just let me know if you are interested and I will add you to the list of participants.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

Soz to be a pain, but I am having lappy/internet probs. When I log on and go to post or read something the page loads but then vanishes and I end up back on the home page. This can happen several times. Frustrated with this, I've not read anything on pages 2-5.

So, can you tell me, is it decided that the King Tiger (production turret)  is eligible for this GB?

Cheers,

Badder

7 hours ago, Badder said:

Soz to be a pain, but I am having lappy/internet probs. When I log on and go to post or read something the page loads but then vanishes and I end up back on the home page. This can happen several times. Frustrated with this, I've not read anything on pages 2-5.

So, can you tell me, is it decided that the King Tiger (production turret)  is eligible for this GB?

Cheers,

Badder

Badder,

your more than welcome to build you king Tiger during the GB, looking forward to watching your build.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Badder,

you're more than welcome to build you king Tiger during the GB, looking forward to watching your build.

Hi Ozzy,

I may go for building the Tiger II, I just wanted to check it was eligable.

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Nice,plenty of time to search out a Kit certainly Tamiya 1/35.

Nice choice Steve, which one are you going for early , mid or late?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

I'll try for an early variant Ozzy I'd like to do a gray schemed model.

Nice, a tamiya early tiger was my first tiger build.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/vehicles/military-vehicles.html

Not sure if these will be released in time, Airfix are having a go at 1/35 at very reasonable prices.

Interesting. I look forward to seeing what they are actually like. If they have paid enough attention to the market and the new kits are as good as some of their new tool aircraft, we might have some nice armour kits coming our way. Thank you for posting the link Ozzy.

Kind regards,

Stix

Mmmm...they might not be new tool rather ex-Academy.....maybe........nothing seems to be confirmed yet in rumour town.........

Edited by PlaStix

No worries Stix, my thoughts exactly on the mouldings. I’m sure there will be some CAD graphics out soon, hopefully they are as good as the new tool aircraft.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mig Eater said:

You can add me to the list, I have a VK 30.01, Tiger I, VK 45.02 & Tiger II in the stash.

Welcome aboard Mig Eater, impressive Tiger stash.