Panzer VI Tiger STGB Chat

Plasto

your best bet is just to go to Scalemates and type in the model you have them look up all the goodies that go with it!!

I live on that site, plus I help use it to manage the staff and all the AM stuff I seem to buy!

16 hours ago, Hewy said:

RB Models 88mm KwK 43/3 L/71 - Tiger II (late) 

(Metal Barrel) is the one I've plumped for

Hello Hewy

If you've gone for an RB Models barrel, they don't come with instructions - but these might help ...

Edited by Robert Stuart
Spelling mistake
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

...it's a bit quiet in the GB today I notice...

...maybe everyone is busy building / maybe the Tottenham fans are in mourning / maybe the Liverpool fans are nursing hang overs / maybe most people know it's 'work' tomorrow / maybe your cooking a cracking Sunday lunch...

I've seem to have spent all day chopping up 'tiny bits' and spraying gallons of primer.

So where is everyone :shrug:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIG X said:

...maybe everyone is busy building / maybe the Tottenham fans are in mourning / maybe the Liverpool fans are nursing hang overs / maybe most people know it's 'work' tomorrow / maybe your cooking a cracking Sunday lunch...

I've seem to have spent all day chopping up 'tiny bits' and spraying gallons of primer.

Hopefully everyone have been to one of the many shows that have been on this weekend, the chocolate cake I made for the Salisbury show yesterday all went. If you have been to a show hopefully you didn't spend to much.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BIG X said:

Please sir, I was at the Northern Model Show, with friends and my wallet. I was very sensible too, but don't worry; I gave myself a stiff talking to when I got home.

There were several dealers doing the new Hobby Boss King Tigers at 1/3 or more off RRP. I didn't succumb though which is unlike me. Those Tamiya tracks really are having an effect :o 

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I didn't pick this up at the show, but it did satisfy a sudden bout of nostalgia as I remember having one as a kid. Mine, like most of the ones on eBay had a commander who'd lost is head so it was good to get a complete one. Cheap as chips too, maybe collectors haven't started on this section of the market yet?  Anyway, I have a King Tiger, one of Matchbox's finest to complete the collection :)

spacer.png

Andy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

One month in 29 active build threads with 2 gallery entry’s, a wide array of Tiger types with help, sound boarding to be see on all threads. Just what Group Building is all about, keep it up chaps.

• 1 month later...

Not to cause panic or hysteria on build threads, there is 1 month to go that’s 30 days. Hopefully everyone will get their builds over the line.

Second month in 31 active build threads and 3 gallery entries.

keep the good work up Troops you all doing a fantastic job.

• Like 4

On 7/18/2019 at 7:56 AM, Ozzy said:

Not to cause panic or hysteria on build threads, there is 1 month to go that’s 30 days.

I hit panic two weeks ago when part of my right hand disappeared (again). It started to reappear then I had a head full of cotton wool for four days. Back at the bench tomorrow though and feeling confident it'll work out.

To everybody else struggling I hope one of the worst-performing GB entrants on BM can act as an incentive. To those doing well I congratulate and envy you. I've not been able to comment much but there is some great work going on here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, SleeperService said:

I hit panic two weeks ago when part of my right hand disappeared (again). It started to reappear then I had a head full of cotton wool for four days. Back at the bench tomorrow though and feeling confident it'll work out.

To everybody else struggling I hope one of the worst-performing GB entrants on BM can act as an incentive. To those doing well I congratulate and envy you. I've not been able to comment much but there is some great work going on here.

Wow, I hope your all well now? Can’t have you returning to active duty not fully fit. It’s good to hear your back at the bench, looking forward to your progress.

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Wow, I hope your all well now? Can’t have you returning to active duty not fully fit. It’s good to hear your back at the bench, looking forward to your progress.

Thanks Ozzy. Getting there. The missing right hand is down to a partly trapped nerve in my shoulder. At the moment it's inoperable so it comes and goes. If they try as it is it's as likely to cut off all feeling as fix the issue. I declined that gamble. Physio have given me an exercise set to do which may fix it without an operation at all. I decided that was the better option. Progress will be forthcoming later today. Munchies first :thumbsup:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Thanks Ozzy. Getting there. The missing right hand is down to a partly trapped nerve in my shoulder. At the moment it's inoperable so it comes and goes. If they try as it is it's as likely to cut off all feeling as fix the issue. I declined that gamble. Physio have given me an exercise set to do which may fix it without an operation at all. I decided that was the better option. Progress will be forthcoming later today. Munchies first :thumbsup:

For a moment there I thought you were a hologram, I hope the pain holds off for you. I’m not a big one for quotes but Winston Churchill once said every man needs at least on proper hobby.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just jumped in with a last minute build of Airfix's King Tiger that I've been messing with while away on holiday.

Hope you don’t mind? 

IanJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonhoff said:

Just jumped in with a last minute build of Airfix's King Tiger that I've been messing with while away on holiday.

Hope you don’t mind? 

IanJ

Ian,

no worries, she looks fantastic.

• Thanks 1

Something of a record for me - GB entry done and dusted in less than a week.

Good luck to those burning the midnight oil to get theirs over the line.

KR's

IanJ 

• Like 1

Looks like I'll be doing my usual for a GB ..... calling in VAR to verify that I actually made it into the gallery before the deadline!

Here's a list of things I HAVE to do to finish my Tiger:

1. Paint. weather and fix:

two tow cables

track-changing cable.

Axe.

Radio antenna tube.

Jack handle.

Construct, paint, weather and fix:

Driver's hatch.

Radio operator/MG gunner's hatch.

Loader's hatch.

Four air tubes for Pfieffer air filter system.

Two sets of smoke grenade launchers.

Try to save turret decals which have been covered with paint,

OR apply new markings using spares and not worrying about historical accuracy.

And, IF I have enough time: use the hairspray technique to apply a final coat of whitewash to the Tiger, rub it back and apply final washes and matt varnish.

GULP!

I best get cracking then!

Badder

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Badder said:

Looks like I'll be doing my usual for a GB ..... calling in VAR to verify that I actually made it into the gallery before the deadline!

two tow cables

track-changing cable.

Axe.

Radio antenna tube.

Jack handle.

Driver's hatch.

Loader's hatch.

And, IF I have enough time: use the hairspray technique to apply a final coat of whitewash to the Tiger, rub it back and apply final washes and matt varnish.

GULP!

Badder

You crack on lad - I'll make you a cup of tea...

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Badder said:

two tow cables

track-changing cable.

Axe.

Radio antenna tube.

Jack handle.

Driver's hatch.

Loader's hatch.

GULP!

Badder

See you in the gallery.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BIG X said:

You crack on lad - I'll make you a cup of tea...

Hi Steve,

Thanks,

That'll be my 2nd cup of tea this year! A record. I usually have just the one to see what all the fuss is about and try to figure out why some people drink 12 or more a day.

With regards to using the hairspray  technique to apply a final whitewash, I would normally allow myself a 3 or 4 days to get that applied, rubbed back and weathered so I might take photos prior to that and have them 'in the bank' for the gallery, should I not complete the final whitewash before the deadline.

Apologies to you and everyone else for my not having time to comment on your fantastic (completed) builds, but I will obviously do so once I have some spare time!

Best be off,

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

I have remembered how to generate a poll, it will be open once the gallery is closed with the poll open for a further 7 days. Good luck. From me and @PlaStix we would like to say a big thank you for all those who have taken part. It been a very well supported STGB, with a fantastic selection of builds in the gallery.

• Like 2

Wow! I can't believe we’re into the last few hours of this GB!! Where has the time gone?! Sorry I've not been around the past few days - Mrs PlaStix and I have been away for a few days. Good luck to anyone trying to get finished before the deadline!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2