Panzer VI Tiger STGB Chat

Plasto

Thanks Enzo and thanks to all those who have signed up. :yahoo: its like waiting for a bus, none for ages then 3 come along at once,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

its like waiting for a bus, none for ages then 3 come along at once,

Well...   spread over a period of 18 months.  But I have to say that I'm really pleased about the sudden surge of armour STGBs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Well...   spread over a period of 18 months.  But I have to say that I'm really pleased about the sudden surge of armour STGBs.

Long may it continue.

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

WOOHOO ... Thats Three Armored STGB’s now with Two more fighting there way thru the mix. A true Armored Spearhead into Group Build Territory Great work OZZY 👍

Hopefully we will have a couple more by the end of the year.

4 hours ago, Plasto said:

I’m in. 

Probably AFV Clubs 1/48 Sturmtiger...But who knows what it might be when it comes time to start..

:welcome:Plasto, looking forward to seeing your Sturmtiger come together.

Hi Ozzy, I have a Dragon Sd. Kfz. 181 Panzerkampfwagen VI (P) in my stash along with a Revell 1/35th SturmTiger and a Dragon Jagdtiger (not to keen on building that though after nearly 6 months building Trumpies 1/16th JT). When does the group build start and how much time would I have? Might be fun to join up here :D

G_DRA6797_11.jpg

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Hi Ozzy, I have a Dragon Sd. Kfz. 181 Panzerkampfwagen VI (P) in my stash along with a Revell 1/35th SturmTiger and a Dragon Jagdtiger (not to keen on building that though after nearly 6 months building Trumpies 1/16th JT). When does the group build start and how much time would I have? Might be fun to join up here :D

G_DRA6797_11.jpg

:welcome: Julian, nice build on the VK 45.01. The GB will be after April 2019, you've got 3 months to build your kits. With your production line you have going on at the moment, you should be able to squeeze at least one build in.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Okido Ozzy,

GB starts after April 2019 and I have 3 months for build starting then correct? (should that be 2018?)

Count me in anyway :D

Julian

I shall count you in Julian,  yep after April and 3 months to build your kit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14 October 2017 at 14:47, theplasticsurgeon said:

I'm in, I've got a bagged cheap Airfix Tiger kit - after getting the Haynes manual.

Currently residing in a box with an 88mm flak gun - so that I can find it when the time comes.

Airfix_Tiger.jpg

I'm told that somewhere on Britmodeller is a reference to an improved build of this kit.

Mrs Oz just asked me what I would like for Christmas, I pointed her in the direction of the tiger Haynes manual.

• Like 1

As you can see by the title Enzo has given us 18/05/19-18/08/19, this gives us a two month gap to allow us to clear the decks from the Pz IV STGB before embarking our big cat  :cat:STGB.  :yahoo:

As you may have noticed the initial post is Plasto's, when Enzo moved us across it was put over Plasto's initial thread and kept'ed his initial post.

2 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

Would a King Tiger be eligible? If so, I'm in with one of those!

Definitely Dave and :welcome:, which King tiger are you thinking of building?

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, cambridge said:

can i join in? i'm building a Wittmann 007 just in these days and i have a captured 131 that still wait to be finished

Welcome aboard Cambridge, sounds like a nice pair of Tigers on the go.

4 hours ago, sampanzer said:

I am interested, I have a tamiya mid production kit somewhere!

You are more than welcome Sir,

a tamyia mid production builds into a very nice kit, I look forward in seeing it come together.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll put my hand up for this one. Plenty of 1/72 in the stash that would fit

All the best

Ben

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, badger said:

I'll put my hand up for this one. Plenty of 1/72 in the stash that would fit

All the best

Ben

Welcome aboard Ben,

theres always room for another tiger.