Fallschirmjäger Italy, 1/35 Alpine miniatures

Venelin

An excellent figure from Alpine miniatures, one of the newest offerings. Superb detail and casting, represents a NCO from 1st parachute division in Italy with tropical uniform-tropical pants and jump smock, either in Fieldgrau or Splittermuster/Splinter camo. I want to try the latter. Also choice from two type heads with helmets-standard and with cover.

100_8313.jpg

100_8314.jpg

100_8315.jpg

100_8316.jpg

100_8317.jpg

100_8318.jpg

100_8319.jpg

Venelin

Edited by Venelin
  • Like 6

• 9 months later...

Thanks, Rob!

Proceeding with the splinter strips or raindrops, they are very small, but they should be-like on the real camo. Also I painted the equipment.

100_9136.jpg

100_9137.jpg

100_9138.jpg

100_9139.jpg

100_9140.jpg

Regards!

• Like 6

Fantastic job on the splinter camo. My only suggestion would be concerning the belt buckle. While they seem to be silver in modern paintings and models, my research indicates that they would have been painted a field grey colour (Which of course would have worn and chipped showing original metal over time). Logically this makes sense, as you don't want big shiny things that reflect light on uniforms. However, I'm prepared to be proven wrong in this regard.

• Like 1

Hi, Sairou!

I've seen pictures clearly showing metal buckles, so it will be historically accurate to paint it that way ;)

The pants and the boots are ready, for the pants I used Desert yellow-same as the helmet:

100_9145.jpg

100_9146.jpg

100_9147.jpg

• Like 6

Excellent work on this figure, especially the camouflage. I'd be interested to see those reference photos you referred to, as I am being nagged by the conflicting information I have on belt buckle colour (Apologies, but I am currently at a loose end, and tiny details like this nag at my mind).

14 minutes ago, Sairou said:

Excellent work on this figure, especially the camouflage. I'd be interested to see those reference photos you referred to, as I am being nagged by the conflicting information I have on belt buckle colour (Apologies, but I am currently at a loose end, and tiny details like this nag at my mind).

Here, scroll down, plenty of images showing metal belt buckles ;)

http://ww2live.com/en/content/world-war-2-30-images-fallschirmj-ger-italy-some-may-be-new-you

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Venelin said:

Here, scroll down, plenty of images showing metal belt buckles ;)

http://ww2live.com/en/content/world-war-2-30-images-fallschirmj-ger-italy-some-may-be-new-you

Thank you! I'm definitely going to look into this further. I wonder if regulations were different for paratrooper units. I have a few photos showing painted belt buckles, but only on Heer troops. However, while I have seen pretty much nothing but field grey buckles for landser on re-enactment websites, in a number of war movies and indeed many models of infantrymen, belt buckles are invariably bare metal. I think I will check a few of the Ospreys I have to hand, since a google search didn't reveal any answer to this question, at least at first glance.

WOW.  that is extremely realistic considering it's on a figure about 50mm high.  the eyes really bring it to life and make it look relay life like.  the splitter cammo jump smock it really cool.  i like how you've done the chipping on helmet, amazingly effective.  and don't think i'm flattering you because it is all very very true.:wow::wow::wow:and:wow:

P.S. the 5 o'clock shadow is epic!

• 6 months later...