GB idea...Winter War/Continuation War @21

John Masters

How about this for fun Group Build...The Winter War/Continuation War.  This build would include all types--aircraft, amor, soft-skinned vehicles, diorama, figures.  I think it would be an excellent choice since it covers a longish time period, includes a vast array of equipment and pits two very mean adversaries (Finns and Soviets) against each other.  

What do you think?  I imagine it might be too late for 2018, but one never knows...winter is coming!

• Like 2

Who, me? Sure. I'm in too. I believe this could include German troops fighting on Finnish front too, like the Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey, Stug.Brg. 303 and 122. Inf.Div. that supported us in the summer of '44? And those FAA aircraft that attacked Petsamo in '41? And... You know, it's not just Fenno-Russian subject! Best regards, V-P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John D.C. Masters said:

That's right...the GB is open to all types of models and all examples of who was there, who fought, for whom and how...pretty broad palette.

That's 6...

You need a co-host, would I qualify? V-P

That's great!  Thanks Jack.  I figure if we get enough for the second half of the year it'll mean my skills will have improved and I can really do justice to a build.  That's 7...

Edited by John D.C. Masters

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in!

Buffalo, Hawk, or something...

That makes, number 10?

Christian, exiled to africa

Edited by wyverns4
chronological error...

Modeling Minion made me aware of this one with his awesome Finnish Dornier WIP. PLEASE include my vote, will likely be a Finnish fighter maybe a Dornier if skill set improves by time this comes round...I’m going decal and kit shopping now

PS Great topic 

• Like 2

Yes...I think we need 20 or something like that to qualify and we only have 9...

I am to sure how to advertise this, but I think we could get a lot of support from the armour/vehicles and diorama crowd...

It's not all about aircraft!

• Like 1

Correction...11.  So far we have...

John Masters (me)

modelling minion

Corsairfoxfouruncle

Max Headroom

Grand Boof

vppelt68

Jack G

Franky boy

wyverns4

Valkyrie

Gav G

zebra

Arniec

Keep 'em going lads...Maybe by the start of December we can have 20.  When is our deadline?  I'll find out...

Edited by John D.C. Masters
addition