Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Mike

2 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

The second X-Wing is an odd choice since they made kits for the squadron ships and then a special one for Poe, great except the only differences are in color which means nothing in clear.

I wish they'd just make more 1/72 scale - this is just reboxing with different colour plastic...

It makes you wonder if there is anything new in the offing!

No new models from the new movie, just reworked existing kits of the X-wing and MF, even the figures are existing with new bits added.

The only totally new one is merchandising bot D-0 and that's so small they had to box it with BB-8!

Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

As I've for some reason gotten the urge to do some SW kits in some expanded universe schemes I've been looking at these. Are the 1/72 kits from the older films (Y-Wing, A-Wing, standard X-wing etc) not in production anymore? Only seem to be available from sellers in Japan at the moment and the Revell kits that are otherwise available aren't exciting me, plus their scales are all over the place.

Edited by Qel

1 hour ago, Qel said:

As I've for some reason gotten the urge to do some SW kits in some expanded universe schemes I've been looking at these. Are the 1/72 kits from the older films (Y-Wing, A-Wing, standard X-wing etc) not in production anymore? Only seem to be available from sellers in Japan at the moment and the Revell kits that are otherwise available aren't exciting me, plus their scales are all over the place.

With the exception of 7 kits that Revell have brought in you can only get these kits from Japan.  Production has been hit by Covid-19 as has distribution so some are becoming difficult to get hold of at a reasonable price. 

Buying from Japan is safe enough, though you may have to factor in any import duties if your parcel is valued above the threshold by the sender.

• Like 2

OK, thanks. Guess I'll give it a few months and see if production/distribution picks up a bit and prices come down, I see Hannants have a couple listed as Backorder so perhaps I'll wait for that as knowing my luck I'd get hit with import duty from Japan.