Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Mike

1 hour ago, j_holtslander said:

Sorry I’m new. Where do I find these?

They're available from Tirydium Models in the UK -  there's a link at the bottom of Warren's post above, although I think the store's closed for the summer.

As you're in Canada though, it's probably best to order direct from JPG Productions. They don't have a website, but you can contact Jimi directly via his Facebook page

Andy:cat:

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2019 at 06:47, j_holtslander said:

Sorry I’m new. Where do I find these?

Hi, contact Jimi at JPG Productions through his Facebook page and he should be able to sort you out.  I’m currently out of stock but have more coming.

Thanks for the usage Andy, been on holiday hence the store being closed. 😃

• 2 weeks later...

The news from Bandai is that there will be 5 new kits announced in the next couple of weeks, initial suggestions are 4 vehicles and 1 1/12 figure.

No idea what they will be but guessing they might be from Episode 9!

• Like 5

Triple Force Friday - the badly named - merch release date for Ep9 is Oct 4th so I imagine the Bandai kits will be announced then. I forget if they've done that in the past. 

I'd guess the 1/12 figure is probably the red sith trooper that's already been revealed. 

Hopefully we'll get a new tool  Kylo Ren TIE fighter finally. I imagine we'll get a rebox 1/144 Falcon with the new dish and probably a rebox x-wing to pad it out. Still hoping for a resistance a-wing! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, frequentsteve said:

I'd guess the 1/12 figure is probably the red sith trooper that's already been revealed. 

I don't think Bandai have announced one (yet). Hasbro had an exclusive 6" Black Series one available at SDCC, and it's coming out as a standard release later. Having said that, the new figure may well be a Sith Trooper as troopers and droids are Bandai's usual subjects. I don't think we'll be getting a new droid unless it's D-0, but he'd need to be packaged with something else (BB-8?) since he's too small for an individual release.

4 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Can you get a kit of the ROTJ shuttle Tiderium?

Not from Bandai. There's the old MPC release or a couple of newer versions from Revell, neither of which are astounding feats of plastic engineering. Hopefully Bandai will at least do one in the Vehicle Model range, if not a larger one.

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2019 at 10:01 AM, Madmonk said:

The news from Bandai is that there will be 5 new kits announced in the next couple of weeks, initial suggestions are 4 vehicles and 1 1/12 figure.

No idea what they will be but guessing they might be from Episode 9!

But will the 4 vehicles be a decent size or will I need binoculars to see them?

21 hours ago, Koshey said:

my comparative review ISD Bandai and Zwezda. it's in Russian, but the Google translator isn't bad.

Supposedly the Bandai LED version comes with instructions (video?) detailing how to utilize the clear parts? Can you confirm? If it is a video... got a link?

To be honest I’m not sure why they have included the clear parts.  I have the non-lit version and all the parts have pre-drilled holes and the plastic is dense enough not to need light blocking.  There is probably more work involved with the clear parts as they will need several coats of paint to stop the light seeping through.

The only advantage I can see is if you want to add additional windows as you can just drill through the paint to expose the clear plastic and the light.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 6:36 AM, j_holtslander said:

Supposedly the Bandai LED version comes with instructions (video?) detailing how to utilize the clear parts? Can you confirm? If it is a video... got a link?

no no. perhaps the translator incorrectly translated some phrase. I wrote that from this booklet it is absolutely unclear the purpose of transparent parts.

18 minutes ago, j_holtslander said:

I heard it was so that you could expose more light windows by scratching through the paint.

That makes a substantial quantity of sense on a small model :idea:  Do I need these now? :raincloud:

2 hours ago, j_holtslander said:

I heard it was so that you could expose more light windows by scratching through the paint.

That's what I said. 😂

On a side note I have a few of the new Bandai Super Star Destroyer and Imperial Star Destroyer dual sets available, £20 plus postage.

Also in stock Bandai but not SW is the Cinema-wise Toy Story 4 Woody and Buzz fully articulated model kits, £30 & £35 respectively, great to get the kids into modelling as they don't need painting.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Call me underwhelmed 🙄 The X-Wing's have got a nice design/colour scheme, but nothing that couldn't be done with paint to the existing kits.

I'm not really sold on D-0 as a character, so the two pack with BB-8 isn't tempting me.

I suppose it's about what I was expecting, and in line with the releases we saw from the last film, but I was secretly hoping for something new and a little more interesting.

• Like 2

Maybe (hopefully) they're only like a stage 1 type of release with the newer vehicles to be released after the movie's release, slated for a Christmas release??

It looks like there are going to be several new droid designs, a new Walker version and a modded AT-ST in the new Mandalorian movie. So maybe they'll be released at a later stage too??

And we know (going off the posters) there's 3 new tie fighter based designs coming, several new characters (thus figures), some sort of rocket powered bike, and what looks like it may be a new design of Star Destroyer?

I'm in agreement with @Andy Moore so far. It looks like the Falcon has had a greebly expansion pack added on the engine deck, but I can't see what changes (other than sword parts and hands) have been added to Rylo Ken, and as usual they give you a new droid avec some re-tread of other droids to bulk it out.

Those new X-wings are a little reminiscent of schemes from "Resistance" with their neon colours too. I'm hoping we'll get plenty more stuff later on, but has anyone else noticed the dearth of kits from Solo? :(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, j_holtslander said:

Huh? How so?

Am I imagining things then? :unsure: I thought there was a "chunk" of extra greeblies in the middle of the deck, and those "fins" near the exhausts look a bit larger than I recall.  They've also got the round dish again.  Have I just forgotten what she looks like after all these years? :frantic: