Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Mike

This is what I was hoping we'd be seeing. Not the SSD in particular, but larger size Vehicle Model releases in general. The Tantive needed a bigger box than the previous 'box scale' releases (not a term that can really be applied anymore), and I assume that'll be the case with this one.

Hopefully, we'll be seeing more like this - Medical Frigate, Mon Cal Cruiser etc.

Andy:cat:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone has pre-ordered the 1/5000 Star Destroyer you might be interested in this Jedha base produced by JPG Productions.

Due out end of June so give you plenty of time to paint it before the ISD arrives!! 😂

K6c5GyO.jpg

EoAmoHt.jpg

Will be stocking it when released by Jimi.

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

It looks again that Bandai are exploiting existing moulds rather than producing new ones.  Due for October release - Return of the Jedi Clear Vehicle Set.

X-wing, Y-wing, Falcon & Death Star.#

PcNdiim.jpg

Not exactly awe inspiring! 🙄

4 hours ago, Madmonk said:

It looks again that Bandai are exploiting existing moulds rather than producing new ones.  Due for October release - Return of the Jedi Clear Vehicle Set.

PcNdiim.jpg

I don't get this at all. Just why? Surely them being clear will make it harder to see detail and such? It's not like it's something that actually has anything to do with the ships themselves or they've added internal parts, either. I can't think of any actual uses for it. It seems like it's just a worse model that you can't even paint. 

If it was some sort of blue ship hologram set with a holo-projector as a stand instead, that would be pretty cool, but just clear ships makes no sense to me.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

4 hours ago, Madmonk said:

No... more of a revenue generating scheme for those buyers that have "gotta catch 'em all".  I've got plenty of the opaque ones already, although maybe they're aimed at a different market who will just leave them clear as ornaments?  Who knows? :shrug:

I'll hold out for the Super Star Destroyer :coolio:

24 minutes ago, TheVoidDragon said:

Are the smaller scale kits available in the UK? I know some of the others have been re-boxed by Revell (but still seem kinda hard to get) but I've not seen anything about the double-pack stuff (1/144?)

Don't think they are as other than grey imports, but if you shop around on eBay or Amazon you can get them fairly cheaply and it's below the C&E limit, so doesn't attract their ministrations :)  Most of mine rock up in a week from order. :yes:

27 minutes ago, TheVoidDragon said:

Are the smaller scale kits available in the UK? I know some of the others have been re-boxed by Revell (but still seem kinda hard to get) but I've not seen anything about the double-pack stuff (1/144?)

Revell have only brought 7 kits in so far, X-Wing (1/72), TIE Fighter (1/72), Snowspeeder (1/48), AT-ST (1/48), AT-AT (1/144), Slave 1 (1/144) and the large Falcon (1/72).  They are not reboxed, just have a Revell sticker on them, see plenty at model shows and the LMS in Newark has a couple of each in.

• 4 weeks later...

I would surely rather buy the clear Death Star than the opaque one: Put LEDs inside, paint it and then scratch tiny holes in the paint to light these up.

If they release a clear ISD or Super Star Destroyer, I would be quite happy.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 8:51 AM, Madmonk said:

PcNdiim.jpg

Oh I don't know, I fancy that Death Star would look pretty cool lit with LEDs from below. Bright bluish white.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 12:01 PM, Caerbannog said:

I would surely rather buy the clear Death Star than the opaque one: Put LEDs inside, paint it and then scratch tiny holes in the paint to light these up.

If they release a clear ISD or Super Star Destroyer, I would be quite happy.

Now that is a damn clever idea

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 8:51 AM, Madmonk said:

PcNdiim.jpg

Yep. Already have too many ornaments in the house. 

Anyone know if Bandai will get around to making model kits again?

:whistle:

The Super Star Destroyers are starting to show up on eBay. There's one for silly money and a couple for a more reasonable price. Just search vehicle kit 016 :yes:

38 minutes ago, Mike said:

The Super Star Destroyers are starting to show up on eBay. There's one for silly money and a couple for a more reasonable price. Just search vehicle kit 016 :yes:

I'd love an SSD but the smallest I'd be allowed to have in the house would be 80cm 😶

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

I'd love an SSD but the smallest I'd be allowed to have in the house would be 80cm 😶

The largest SSD I have is 512gb :clown:

On 8/7/2019 at 7:01 AM, Caerbannog said:

If they release a clear ISD or Super Star Destroyer, I would be quite happy

They did a limited issue of the ISD in clear last year. 

IMG_20190808_203337-L.jpg

It came with Model Graphix magazine which had an article on lighting it. 

IMG_20190808_204019-L.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/7/2019 at 1:51 AM, Madmonk said:

IF you are looking to build a 1/144 Hoth diorama with Bandai's AT-AT and the vehicle scale AT-ST and Snowspeeder then JPG have just released a Hoth set with 4 Shield Generators, 3 Turrets and 2 Dishes, £40 plus postage, should be on the website at the weekend or PM.

uNBekfJ.jpg

Cheers,

Warren

Sorry I’m new. Where do I find these?

• Like 2