Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Mike

2 hours ago, Mike said:

That's if they don't get intercepted by HM's finest.  The Perfect Grade MF is too risky unless you have some kind of failsafe method to get it through unseen :ninja: As @Madmonk says, an extra £70 on the deal :poop:

If it was of Klingon construction you could use the cloaking device, though that is a different franchise!!:tease:

23 minutes ago, Madmonk said:

If it was of Klingon construction you could use the cloaking device, though that is a different franchise!!:tease:

Sadly that doesn’t work, which is why my K’Tinga is now grinding its way through customs slower than a frozen snail. It’s their glacial pace that winds me up the most. The taxes I accept. The ransom fee gets my goat. But if they’re going to charge me the least they could do is put a peddle on rather than taking longer just to charge me than it took to get from seller to airport and then to the U.K. 👹

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:45 PM, Madmonk said:

You also only get stickers, no waterslide decals in either of the new droid kits!!

Same goes with their new Blockade Runner ( Vehicle Model 014 ) in its 19cm x 15cm x 4.5cm box.

8 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Same goes with their new Blockade Runner ( Vehicle Model 014 ) in its 19cm x 15cm x 4.5cm box.

I might have a solution for the Blockade Runner, a contact in US has done some waterslide decals so I'm hoping to get a few sets!

3 minutes ago, Madmonk said:

I might have a solution for the Blockade Runner, a contact in US has done some waterslide decals so I'm hoping to get a few sets!

Save me one ;)

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, Mick4350 said:

and had it clicked together in 45 minutes.

The Blockade runner is definately on my to do list. I got one of the Revell/bandai PG Falcons from Hannants a few weeks ago , and i know my Amazing Wife has bought me the B wing for Christmas. Wonder if they will make a larger Blockade Runner in 2019 or maybe a Medical Frigate , Mon Calamari cruiser , Death star 1 .................etc!

1 minute ago, gunpowder17 said:

Wonder if they will make a larger Blockade Runner in 2019 or maybe a Medical Frigate , Mon Calamari cruiser , Death star 1 .................etc!

I was wondering earlier if these small vehicle models of the non-hero models are Bandai testing the water to see if there's a market for a larger model of something.  I for one would have a 1:72 U-Wing, 1:144 Tantive IV, Hammerhead Cruiser, Republic Frigate etc.  We can but hope :)

• Like 1

Got 15 sets of decals coming for the Blockade Runner, looking like they will be £9 a set incl UK postage, initially only got red sets as the kit stickers, there may be green and blue sets available at a later date.

People have said that Bandai being a Japanese company the kits are small to suit the size of Japanese houses, though that theory was blown out of the water by the 1/72 falcon, so I guess anything is possible!

There is a resin 1/350 Medical frigate available from JPG Productions but be prepared to part with £550!  

On 12/18/2018 at 9:50 PM, gunpowder17 said:

How about a Perfect grade ESB Falcon?   I wonder what the chances are of that ever happening?

Chances are good, however personally I'd probably expect a sequel trilogy PG Falcon instead of ESB, which you can technically convert it into an ESB Falcon because the parts for the round dish are on the same runner as the cockpit.

Let's guess what Andy got for Chrimbo. Yeah, okay it's the Blockade Runner. Not hard to guess if you look at the pics. I thought anyone who's not got theirs yet might like to see the sprues though. Two sprues, but joined together. This is from the Tantive/Falcon double pack, but I believe the sprues are separated in the standard release. The individual sprues are still larger than the normal vehicle model box though.

31537462407_36c852241d_b.jpg

44660283940_69dd6f8c09_b.jpg

31537461317_8cd0d1b584_b.jpg

Separate cockpit face and end caps, so the seams should be hidden fairly well.

46426203742_8c38cf5558_b.jpg

Nice detailing on the engines too

46477198751_f413ce3fe7_b.jpg

Usual Bandai quality and detail. No surprises there. I think the most interesting thing is the size of the sprues, as they obviously won't fit in the standard box scale box. Up until now, all the vehicle model kits have been scaled to fit in the regular boxes, but this seems to open the door for other larger scale models coming in this range in the future.

Andy:cat:

• Like 7

On 11/23/2018 at 11:59 PM, G-Saviour said:

Oh so that's why R4-I9 costs as much as a two-pack droid; there's enough spare parts to convert R4-I9 into an similarly-colored R2 unit:

20181121204003.jpg

I've just received mine at it looks like you almost get a complete R4 and R2 dome. You just need the ring, circular base and one of the eye sensors. I think it could be easily accomplished, either through casting or 3d printing.

On 12/31/2018 at 2:30 PM, gamblor916 said:

I've just received mine at it looks like you almost get a complete R4 and R2 dome. You just need the ring, circular base and one of the eye sensors. I think it could be easily accomplished, either through casting or 3d printing.

If you have spare R2 parts from the 2-pack kits you can also use those parts instead; with the exception of the ring, you don't need to paint much. 

Edited by G-Saviour
Clarification