Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Mike

Good news from Bandai if you like their Box Series of vehicles - 1/350 Episode V Millennium Falcon is being released in Jan 19.

Lj5Fkmb.jpg

Hopefully this will mean bigger 1/144 version as well, fingers crossed!

• Like 3

Good news regarding the ESB Falcon. I thought they'd forgotten about it, having touted it back when the original vehicle model Falcon was released.

Regarding the Astromech accessories, from looking at the photos on the Bandai site, it seems to imply that R4-I9 will come with the tea tray itself while R2-Q5 will come with the serving arm that attaches to the top of the tray. So, in other words, if you want to build the entire tray accessory, you'll need to buy both kits. Not sure I like the idea of getting half an accessory with a kit. Seems a bit stingy to me.

Accessory shot from R4-I9, highlighting the tray

r4_i9_02.jpg

Accessory shot from R2-Q5, highlighting the serving arm (and apparently some of the tools that come with the booster R2)

r2_q5_01.jpg

Andy:cat:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, G-Saviour said:

Not half-price, but still considerably less, especially since they're throwing in an accessory for R2-D2 per droid.

The original R2 - R4 set is priced at 2592 Yen (£17.50ish) and the new single kits are 2160 yen (£14.50ish)

So for a reduction of £3 you loose a full droid and get a few cups or extra arms!

Not considerably less to me.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:15 PM, Madmonk said:

The original R2 - R4 set is priced at 2592 Yen (£17.50ish) and the new single kits are 2160 yen (£14.50ish)

Makes sense, considering they've got a new steel mold or two for the addons, not to mention the fact that R4-I9 has new head.

Take away the extra/new parts you can knock down the price down 2-3 GBP, though I'm curious where you get your prices, because I get mine from HobbySearch's site, which I feel is more accurate.

1 hour ago, css1138 said:

Going to give my wallet a break until the new year when Revell start releasing the Bandai kits.  Hate getting those customs charges. 🤨

Or the GST !

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:15 PM, Madmonk said:

So for a reduction of £3 you loose a full droid and get a few cups or extra arms!

Not considerably less to me.

And it looks like Absinth on the menu ...

8 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

I'm still stunned by the cost, especially given the near parity between the euro and the pound. Almost £100 more than what I paid and that included all the shipping costs. :hmmm:

You never did send mine on to me :crying:

2 hours ago, css1138 said:

So hopefully the rest of the kits will not be too bad a price. Unlike the rediclious mark up Revell put on the Fine Molds.

Exactly what I'm hoping. The price they put on the (grossly undersized) TIE x1 is insane. I'm also curious as to whether the re-boxed range will include the figures, or just the vehicles. I'm guessing just the vehicles due to licence issues with Hasbro etc. Probably not the box scale stuff either, as they would make Revell's own small kits look rather poor in comparison.

Andy:cat:

The Perfect Grade Falcon is about the same price (£350) as you would pay on eBay though from eBay you run the risk of attracting import duty which could add another £70 to the cost.

Looks like Revell may have done a decent deal with Bandai, over in the US the Bandai kits from Bluefin don't appear to be any more expensive than buying from Japan.

I like the way the description reads, as if Revell and Bandai have cooperated on the production of the kits!!

On 20/11/2018 at 21:39, TheVoidDragon said:

First I've seen of Revell releasing the Bandai kits, is there more information on that somewhere? It's a nice surprise unless they end up more expensive than importing them.

Revell announced the Bandai kits for the 1st quarter of 2019. Some shops have listed them, already:

http://www.jumbliesmodels.com/revell-m18/star-wars-t94

And yes, they are either more expensive or the same price as importing them.

7 minutes ago, Wulf said:

And yes, they are either more expensive or the same price as importing them.

That's if they don't get intercepted by HM's finest.  The Perfect Grade MF is too risky unless you have some kind of failsafe method to get it through unseen :ninja: As @Madmonk says, an extra £70 on the deal :poop: