Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Mike

More details on TAG Hobby about the droid kits. Apparently the first box includes R4-I9 and R2-D2 with the "drinks serving accessories" from Jabba's Sail Barge!

So it seems there are two droid kits in this box as per previous releases:

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/289629

Then the second kit announced is only R2 with many different accessories:

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/289102

Edited by Blackbrazen
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackbrazen said:

Apparently the box includes R4-I9 and R2-D2 with the "drinks serving accessories" from Jabba's Sail Barge!

So it seems there are two droid kits in one box as per previous releases.

Interesting. So it looks like the trolley dolly R2 is another version, in addition to the booster-equipped version they've already shown. Presumably then, the booster R2 will be packaged with another astromech, possibly one of the black Imperial ones.

At least it's good to confirm that they will still be 2-packs.

Andy:cat:

The release of the serving tray version is just great news. I just finished modeling and printing the tray but got stumped figuring out how to do the glasses and pipework. I see a red and white serving droid in my future.

42936729601_231d832329_o.png

• Like 1

On 20/06/2018 at 10:51, Mick4350 said:

Are we going to see kit reviews here on Britmodeller as it has been at least a couple of years when Bandai was reviewed here ?

It's been years since we've had one in for review, at least partly due to the licensing agreements that prevent official imports into Europe & the UK.  We did get a couple from Japan-Cool, but haven't had anything for a long while now :(

With Revell's troubles of late, we didn't even get any of their kits either, so any Sci-Fi stuff we've had comes from those lovely people at GreenStrawberry :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1999.co.jp has the R4-I9 kit listed already, and the text suggests that the cone head droid comes boxed with the drinks serving accessories for R2, but not with a second astromech unit. One droid and an accessory in a box for around ¥1800 seems a little more expensive than the previous kits...

https://www.1999.co.jp/10544714

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BackToZeon said:

No Ten Numb and no Hinomaru (at least in the pictutes) on the ship, a limited edition indeed! ;-(

I guess if it's a SDCC exclusive, it'll just be a pre-release preview edition, since San Diego is in July and I think the release date for the retail B-Wing is August. Just as long as they don't include anything fancy in the box that we don't get with the standard release. Maybe that bit of wire and lump of blu tack propping it up is part of the special edition :P

55 minutes ago, Blackbrazen said:

1999.co.jp has the R4-I9 kit listed already, and the text suggests that the cone head droid comes boxed with the drinks serving accessories for R2, but not with a second astromech unit. One droid and an accessory in a box for around ¥1800 seems a little more expensive than the previous kits...

That's doesn't sound good, especially as most people will want to get another R2 to use with the drinks tray, so you'd have to factor in the additional cost of another R2/R5 or R2/BB-8 set.

I wonder if the booster R2 will come with another droid, or just a 'droid accessory'.

Dunno about you guys, but I already have 2 R2s, from the BB-8 & R2-D2 and the R5-D4 R2-D2 kits that came out a while back.  I thought it was a bit cheeky to do that at the time, but now it makes a bit more sense.  I'd rather pay for accessories for the kit I already have than have to buy another R2.  If you wanted to do them all, then you'd still have to get more R2s, then you'd be left with a surfeit of BB-8s of R5-D4s.  Not much really when you think about a crisp packet going for almost a grand :mental:It's all relative: :shrug:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BackToZeon said:

Finally new stuff From Bandai: a  Corellian corvette/Blockade Runner in 1/1000 scale source :

DinuzuLUEAAqWBx.jpg

Dinuz3mUYAAX4VT.jpg

Have to say this one is interesting for a change.

It seems that, after a slow year in 2017 (understandable, given the release of the PG Falcon), Bandai are ramping up their releases again. It's also interesting that the subjects announced for release this year (B-Wing, Death Star, Blockade Runner, more Astromechs) are things that would no doubt have featured prominently on the customer survey from last year. Given that it probably takes about 12 months to get an idea to production point, it looks like Bandai have genuinely been listening to what modellers want 👍

• Like 3