Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Mike

Could it be Starkiller Base?  Doesn't that leave the death Stars looking a bit schmall?

That's no moon - it's a melon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll probably get one too, but if Tilly gets it, she'll gnaw it to bits in seconds... she's ball obsessed! (oh, and a dog in case there was any doubt). :)

Looks good, I may get one. I noticed a mention of 1-72 mini figures to be released spring/summer, I wonder if these will be similar to the ones originally included with the 1-72 x-wings etc?

Nien was on the Falcon with Lando. Ten was piloting a B-Wing. They look pretty much identical apart from the outfits though. Nien had a jumpsuit and a waistcoat and Ten had the pilot gear with the chest pack.

latest?cb=20120113223339

latest?cb=20160810030904

Nien is in the new films as well

latest?cb=20160224095254

Andy:cat:

Edited by AndyRM101
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Surely there's gotta be a better way to display it that with the clear monstrosity ?

How are people planning to display this ? Landed flat on the ground ? (is there actually landing gear with it ?)

I think that because we all have such different tastes and cost of production, no one can ever make a stand that all, or even most people like.

I myself mount mine on thin rods (tubes if they are lit) but I have to admit, when ya think about it Bandai did a great job on their solid, functional stands and their DS tiles are added gravy.

one of my x-wings, y-wing, a-wing I scratched gear and display them that way the others (TIE etc) are on thin blsck rods.  This one however is a conundrum for me!  I think it would look better in flight on a thin rod, BUT on the other hand makng a believable landing gear and showing it that way would be quite interesting!

DANGITT!   I think I will HAVE to get two!🤔

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, saturnapollo said:

And yet still a TIE Bomber has not been released by anyone! Strange.

JPG Productions do a resin 1/48 TIE Bomber if you have £185 to spare.

Yes, I know about that one - and no I don't have £185 to spare.

No, what I meant was between Bandai and the other mainstreeam kit manufactuers, virtuallly every Star Wars vehicle has been covered including ones you barely see on film, but nobody has chosen to do a TIE Bomber, which I find strange.

Keith

On 5/19/2018 at 12:54 AM, saturnapollo said:

And yet still a TIE Bomber has not been released by anyone! Strange.

Just as strange as no mainstream kit of the tantive iv, the first star wars ship to appear on screen afterall .

• Like 1