Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Mike

With the alternate-history interpretations of Star Wars Characters that bandai have done (E.g. The samurai Stormtrooper and Ronin Boba Fett), there seems to be huge price differences between them. On Ebay they seem to be around £20 + postage, but at at least 2 retailer sites they've been a lot more - one for £60 with £80 RRP, other £80. I'm assuming the £80 is the more correct price and the cheaper ones will probably be fakes?

Edited by TheVoidDragon

There have been some fakes of the Bandai kits as well, both Darth Vader and the original Stormtrooper have been copied and sold much cheaper and yes the quality was much cheaper too!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe this is old news, but I just noticed a "standard version" of the 1/72 Millennium Falcon on Bandai's website, scheduled for March of 2018:

http://www.bandai-hobby.net/sw/jp/products/millenniumfalcon_72_standard.html

It appears to be the same plastic as the version released in 2017, but without the photoetch or LED lighting components, at a lower price.

• Like 1

Such a shame!

My Bandai "love affair" started so strong!    

Great kits at great prices!    and then came the Falcon!  way too much for a 72nd scale Falcon (to me) and this new release is too much for a small kit with no decals, photo etch AND blue engine lenses!

I might pay that kind of money for a 48th scale or even twice the money for an even larger scale, BUT a 72nd scale?...seriously?

There's this chap in box scale http://www.bandai-hobby.net/sw/jp/products/vm.html#vm012  Although I think we've had him mentioned before.

Seems to have gone a bit quiet over at Bandai for now, doesn't it?  I've now got a growing list of ships I'd like to see kitted, and I can't see why we can't have more figures because we all know from their Black Series that they can do decent faces.  Maybe that's why they don't though... so they don't tread on the toes of their other line :hmmm:

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

There's this chap in box scale http://www.bandai-hobby.net/sw/jp/products/vm.html#vm012  Although I think we've had him mentioned before.

Seems to have gone a bit quiet over at Bandai for now, doesn't it?  I've now got a growing list of ships I'd like to see kitted, and I can't see why we can't have more figures because we all know from their Black Series that they can do decent faces.  Maybe that's why they don't though... so they don't tread on the toes of their other line :hmmm:

I've heaard that is why we can't get the figures in Canada, copyright infringement.

It's gone pretty quiet on a lot of boards lately!  I think it's because those of us who are rabid SW fans want ships from the old movies and Bandai has to make the ships with the greatest sales potential but so few of us are impressed by any of the "new" designs.

I too, have a list of ships and such that I would like to see, but how many others want a probe droid or a 1/12 escape pod to put 3po and r2 in?

In regards to that tiny falcon, I would love that one too ( it will go great as scale comparison with my 350th Enterprise) but sadly I cant get those teeney kits here either and will have to order from abroad.

3 hours ago, sithman said:

probe droid

I didn't know I needed this til now :doh:

I love the probe droid and its jibber-jabber noises ^_^  I'd also love a snow-caked Chewie and a parka-clad Han (in a non-biblical way) to complete the trio :D

On 29 December 2017 at 21:04, Mike said:

I didn't know I needed this til now :doh:

I love the probe droid and its jibber-jabber noises ^_^  I'd also love a snow-caked Chewie and a parka-clad Han (in a non-biblical way) to complete the trio :D

Mike, JPG are bringing out a 1/12 Probe droid later this year, once the 1/350 medical frigate is done.

6 hours ago, Samuelmcguire said:

Hi all 

I may have missed this but what is the difference between the two 1/144 falcons? 

Thanks guys! :) 

The new 1/144 Falcon has the corrected mandibles, they were identical and handed but now are different, also the only figures are Chewie and Rey.

For those wanting the 1/72 a Falcon Bandai are now listing it in their standard range as well as their PG range, difference being it doesn't have the lights or the PE set and should come in under £300!

For those interested, JPG will be bringing out a 1/12 Probe Droid, probably due in March, once the initial run of 1/350 Medical Freighters are cast.  Kit will also include a Hoth inspired base and be in the region of £40.

XxuvkRS.jpg

APalJTI.jpg

I'm putting together a pre-order list so PM me if interested.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen this on FB, if its not 'Fake News' they are due out in May!!

25b8nFc.jpg

If you look closely at Luke he is slightly shorter than Han, attention to detail or what!

Edit:  Link to Bandai site.

http://bandai-hobby.net/sw/jp/products/lukeskywalker_stormtrooper.html

• Like 2

Very interesting. So they're finally doing human faces in the kit line. I assume the 'triaxial jet finish' means the faces are pre-painted? Sounds a bit like the photo real thing that Hasbro do on the black series.

It looks like there are two different hip joint pieces (going by the pic bottom right) which should account for the differing heights.

Andy:cat:

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd post a few pics of Bandai's new box scale AT-M6 for those who might like to see how it looks built up. So far the only completely new tool release from TLJ. A shame as I'd like to see the Resistance Bomber, even if it was only in the box scale range. The walker scales out at approximately 1/550, so it doesn't really fit in with anything else, but I guess that's the scale they needed to go with to get it in the standard box size. Usual Bandai engineering and detail levels. No articulation on the legs, but that would probably be asking a bit much at this scale.

(and just for the sake of novelty, how about we don't argue about the film?)

28259046359_a0f219cfc2_b.jpg

25166696607_eb72b836e9_b.jpg

28259045659_f41b1d2700_b.jpg

A quick scale comparison with Bandai's 1/144 AT-AT

25166696127_f9cda72d1b_b.jpg

And to give some idea of the relative size, this is how they'd look if they were the same scale

40005693452_4022c2f1aa_b.jpg

Andy:cat:

• Like 8

The Silverback would be correct ... Its been discussed ad-nauseum on fansites, and admitted to by Disney effects designers.

That being said I like this a lot. And i like the size comparison. It really shows the differences in the two era’s and designs. 

I agree 110% on the Resistance Bomber. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 18:46, Samuelmcguire said:

1/72 figures? Interesting will we get others scales for the various kits? 

Bandai 1/72 figures

From what I have been able to find out these come as single painted figures with 3 stormtroopers.  They work out at about £3.50 (500 Yen) a set, don't know if the final packaging will tell you who you get or if its random!