Is there an Ark Royal model?

Massimo

Hi everybody.

I've got a project in mind and I'd like to know if there'sa model on the market representing the last Ark Royal.

I remember the old Airfix kit, but that was the older one.

Thanks in advance!

Ciao

Massimo

• 2 weeks later...

1/700 Dragon produced (Ro7) as she appeared in 1991 (Through deck cruiser)

1/700 Starling Models are producing (Ro9) As she appeared after her last refit. (Later this year)  https://starling-models.co.uk/index.php

1/700 Fujimi (Ro9) as she appeared in the 50's

1/700 Aoshima  (91) does it in two versions

1/700 Trumpeter (91) not yet released.

1/350 merit (91) big kit with lots of detail and lots of after market additions available.

I didn't include Revell 1/720 or Airfix 1/600

Some are easy to find others are harder, hope this helps.

Edited by Jetgrob
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

HI guys,

I apologize fo not answering earlier to your kind and appreciated infos, but  just now I discovered the "Content I started" facility and could have access to this tread I had lost and forgotten about!!! 

I'm mainly an aircraft modeller, but I've got a project in mind and I might decide tobuild an Ark , just before her last cruise in the '70s and I wanted to know if there's a model avaliable to do this!

lXWcctt.jpg

Probably the closest one to what I need is the Fujimy 1/700, is that correct?

Could it be a good base , if properly modified or is it better to wait for a proper model to be released?

Thanks in advance!

Ciao 

Massimo

The Fujimi kit is not very good, and represents the ship as built.  It will require considerable work to update to the final standard, and isn't a particularly good model anyway.  I'm not sure quite how available it is nowadays: there may be ones available in the 2nd hand marked - perhaps because of disappointed buyers?  You are likely to be better to wait for the Starling model of the ship in her final state, and then judge the quality of the resin parts.

• Like 2

Thank you both!

To be honest, the new resin model would be ...a bit wasted in my hands, as I have no experience at all with ships. The possibility to add The Ark herself to my project is still an IF, but, should I find a good deal...I might give it a thought.I like starting from old kits and add some detail from scratch, but it all depends on the work involved.

I'll find some documentation first , to understand what differencies are implied and I'll see.

Thanks again!!!

Massimo