This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Redcoat2966

Tamiya WESPE Sd.Kfz.124 - My first blog build

boy thats good... think you have nailed the B&W technique

Cheers Rob....:yes:

Wished I could have given the dark grey a shot with the technique.....that'll have to wait. It'll be "some"additional modulation today and detail highlighting. Go a feeling with so much interior detail, it's going to be a "longish" project.....:S....

Thanks again.

Simon.

Morning all....just off to start my day and thought I'd post progress to date. Decals are on, well second set. tried Dragon decals at first but they are quite thick and you can see the outline of the carrier sheet.....so they came off and went back to the Tamiya which are far superior. Went for a single colour camo'. Still working on getting that line a little thinner.....see how that goes on the Steyer.

Next step to concentrate on the interior so I can affix the side walls and rear permanently. Once the interior is done I can do an isolation layer and proceed with filters and panel lining wash.....

lQyvV7R.jpgFuLya36.jpg4hGfGo4.jpg

Edited by Redcoat2966

Looking great Simon :thumbsup2:

Beautiful work, I really like that camp pattern on German armour and you’ve done a great job on it. Lovely paint job on top of an impressively detailed build.

Hey Simon, you seem to have mastered this type of single color camo scheme :D. The black and white modulation is just the right intensity now. 

simply stunning

:thanks: everyone.... for taking a look and being so thumbs up on the results so far. I'll try and get some time in on the final additions on detail for the interior and then the filter, wash and chipping next. I'm eager to get the walls up......and fixed in place.......:thumbsup:

Off to paint the microscopic buttons and dials on the radio......"now where's that brush with only the two hairs".......:worry:

See ya later......:like: