1/48 South Korean KF-16C

Hi all. 

Some may say that this is a new build but in truth it's been around for about 18 months sitting on the shelf of inactivity. I've got a Super Hornet that's on the way but I'll post some photos of that when I get something substantial done that's worth showing. It was in separate top and bottom halves and wings yesterday and this is where I've managed to get it to today (Sunday afternoon). I made a jig to get the wings level which has worked well and will come in handy when mounting gear and other dangly bits. The gear bay has had its white though I now realise I didn't clean the mould seam on the o2??? tank,...that one's onto the fix list. I've also removed and replaced the poorly molded strengthening plates around the arrestor work. I've got some work to do to tidy up the wing root join though that's something that a bit Mr Surfacer won't fix. They're an old kit but the Hasegawa F-16's aren't too bad to put together. This one will be loaded with bombs, rockets and other explody things.

Cheers.

Mick

It'll look something hopefully like this though with live weapons and wing tanks too.

Seoul_air-show_92-019_KF-16_C-52_3097686

MG_7061.jpg

MG_7060.jpg

MG_7056.jpg

MG_7067.jpg

MG_7065.jpg

MG_7068.jpg

MG_7064.jpg

Edited by Mick Drover
spelling
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, S5 modeller said:

Nice work there, Mick. I like the jig thingie you made. 

Matt

Thanks Matt.

I was using it this evening to see what the load out would look like with the weapons in place. I didn't have the expected problems of clearance from the weapons which I was expecting on the rear cradle.

It was handy to use and I've decided to ditch the centre line tank and stick with the two wing tanks along with HARM, AMRAAM and Sidewinder missiles.

Cheers,

Mick