Good old Airfix 1/48 Ju-87R Stuka

Hi everybody,

This is the latest addition to my collection. It's Airfix's 1/48 Ju-87 old mould. This was a pleasant and relatively trouble-free construction (bar the few rivets lost during sanding that I had to remake). Simple and straightforward, this is a kit I appreciated a lot, and I would choose it again, even over newer productions. It's almost OOP, the only things I added were Eduard belts, and micro-tube for the canons. Painted it with Gunze Mr.Color paints, a charm to spray. Being a fan of small air forces, I chose to dress it with the colours of Royal Bulgarian Air force; for this I used the relevant Kora decals. 

Hope you like it

Dimitris K.

13761_md.JPG

13759_md.JPG

13774_md.JPG

13764_md.JPG

13763_md.JPG

13765_md.JPG

13768_md.JPG

13767_md.JPG

Edited by Dim_Thessalonica
  • Like 18

A very interesting Stuka you built there.

Congratulations.

I have to admit that I really didn't know the Bulgarian markings, but I find they bring

a bit of an exotic blast.

Great work.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your kind words. For me, this kit was a good opportunity to reassess my view on the developments in our hobby. I do am gratefull that todays kits become in general more detailed, more accurate and better engineered. Still, I must admitt that this has come together with a higher degree of complexity and a sometimes scary amount of parts. Good as this may be, I still find myself sometimes longing for more simple constructions, searching for a kit that won't be on the bench for ages, because it does need more time to build this superdetailed cockpit, or the multi-part fuselage etc. Time is a rare commodity, and I have the bad habit to want to finish my models in a relaxed and reasonably short time. So, it is good from time to time to honour these older and more "easy" kits.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2017 at 20:32, Dim_Thessalonica said:

Thank you all for your kind words. For me, this kit was a good opportunity to reassess my view on the developments in our hobby. I do am gratefull that todays kits become in general more detailed, more accurate and better engineered. Still, I must admitt that this has come together with a higher degree of complexity and a sometimes scary amount of parts. Good as this may be, I still find myself sometimes longing for more simple constructions, searching for a kit that won't be on the bench for ages, because it does need more time to build this superdetailed cockpit, or the multi-part fuselage etc. Time is a rare commodity, and I have the bad habit to want to finish my models in a relaxed and reasonably short time. So, it is good from time to time to honour these older and more "easy" kits.

I couldn't agree more.

I have one of these as an Italian aircraft.  In fact if I could find another at a reasonable price I'd buy and build it again.

Top work!

• Thanks 1