1/12 Airfix Bentley ...or some of it

Jo NZ

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

That's gorgeous. Do you have details of the routing for the oil and fuel lines? I've tried to find info on that but haven't been able to find anything.

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2019!

Ian

Thanks for all the likes! Re the Airfix bits, it's probably the biggest bit that you can see on the whole model...

Oil and fuel lines - as far as I can see, the fuel line goes pretty much from the carbs to inside the nearside chassis leg, and back to the tank. The fuel pressurisation pump is also on the nearside of the cockpit, which seems in keeping.

I'm making a big assumption with the oil lines, and reckon that they connect to the two connectors on the bottom of the sump, so the circuit would be pump-cooler-sump in-sump out-pump. Which connector is which is another matter. I'll apply Occam's razor and do it the obvious way...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I didn't realise I hadn't posted for a while. Christmas family do's took me well into the middle of January, so not a lot got done...

Front damper mounts

IMG_3029

Flying buttresses added to the silencer brackets, and the chassis struts remade

IMG_3055IMG_3057

The kickboard and pedals

IMG_3035

Cockpit details: switches, fuel pressurisation pump (I think), seat brackets, floor details, gearbox access panel

IMG_3077

• Like 12

Thanks all.

Jewellery? I haven't touched the silver solder!

I'm currently drilling holes in the undertray for the rivets. There are a lot of them...

Those of you with a propensity for enumerating fasteners may want to guess how many....

Well that's certainly identified the would-be rivet counters!

The actual number is 118. Nobody was really close so the prize goes to Harvey who uses the counting system of one, two, many, lots...  Lots (or quite a lot) is right, as it covers the actual answer.

Here are all the 0.5mm holes (with a few 0.8mm holes too)

IMG_3090

And with rivets

IMG_3097

Tried for size

IMG_3099

• Like 4