Jump to content

As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

corsaircorp

Blackburn Puffin, anyone knows it ??

Recommended Posts

Hello Dears,

Here's a special one, surely it will raise some interest for my friends

I mean @TonyTiger66

I was thinking about the Blackburn Aircraft, like Skua, Roc, Iris, Ripon

I was thinking about Percy, knowing that he has graduated in the Reijkjavik university !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That will also raise the interest of our Dear tentacled one, I mean @Martian Hale

My daughter Madlyne make a rendition of this

 

WP_20171005_21_12_58_Pro

Will have this machine at 1/48 scale

Hope that you will have at least a smile !!

In the grim times we've been through, a laugh is always welcomed.

Have a very good modelling time.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello CC!

Your daughter has done a superb design for a Blackburn Puffin there; well done to her :clap: !

 

You can tell her that Percy would love to have a go in it. He’s always been able to fly, but like many puffins, doesn’t land very well :confused: .

 

He’s very old, in fact he was once in the newspapers:

 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/earthnews/3301845/Britains-oldest-puffin-resurfaces.html

 

The customised Blackburn looks superb.

 

There’s an alternative too. There are some great names for inter-war aircraft, one of them is the:

 

Parnall Puffin:

 

BE96_ED62-_D5_B5-47_E0-8513-_D0010_CFB9_

 

Source: Wikimedia commons; public domain.

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parnall_Puffin

 

For a really unusual looking floaty aircraft,  you and your daughter might be interested in the Parnall Prawn :giggle:   🍤 !

 

It existed, but I can’t find  pictures that I can put here at this moment.

 

On the Blackburn side of things; Percy has cousins that often nest on Baffin Island, in the lovely Akpait National Wildlife Area. He visits sometimes, but rarely these days, as the breeze there freezes his old beak too much :chilly:.

 

Therefore, the Blackburn Baffin is a possibility too.

 

A ‘What If’ Blackburn Puffin would be superb. Still, it would be lovely to see a model of the poor neglected Parnall Puffin too :wink:.

 

I hope that your daughter keeps up the artwork; smashing stuff :thumbsup: .

 

Best regards

TonyT

 

Edit:

PS: I just spotted that it says ‘Puffin’ on the port outer float in the photo above :D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Tony,

It was too tempting for me,

My daughter is glad, I bring my 2 kids to the made in asia convention today.

She has cosplayed as Trevor in GTA5

Here she is

WP_20171007_17_58_13_Pro

No doubt.... She's my daughter !!

Amused CC

I once get at the cliffes of moher to see puffins !!

Not the good time of the year ! they were both far more in the north.

I saw the Parnall pipitt in Old Warden, pretty funny too !

Sincerely.

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crikey, your daughter looks like she’s got an interesting plan in mind :door: !!

 

:D

 

It would be good to see the Parnall Pipit, or anything of the Shuttleworth Collection. Sadly I’ve never been :(.

 

I think it’s the Parnall Elf that you saw:

 

http://www.shuttleworth.org/collection/parnallelf/

 

I cant find a Pipit on their website; I know that they have reproduction aircraft there, but it looks like not a Pipit. There’s a video of the Parnall Elf flying on the link above; it doesn’t look like the best landing, I was holding my breath :o! Still, it was down safely so they did well.

 

I’ve never visited the Cliffs of Moher; everyone I know (just three friends, now four ;)) that have been there say that it’s stunning. They also say that it’s very windy and a bit dangerous; to keep well away from the edge!

 

Now I’m going to look for plans for a Parnell Puffin :mental: 

 

Have a great weekend

TonyT

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Crikey, your daughter looks like she’s got an interesting plan in mind :door: !!

 

:D

 

It would be good to see the Parnall Pipit, or anything of the Shuttleworth Collection. Sadly I’ve never been :(.

 

I think it’s the Parnall Elf that you saw:

 

http://www.shuttleworth.org/collection/parnallelf/

 

I cant find a Pipit on their website; I know that they have reproduction aircraft there, but it looks like not a Pipit. There’s a video of the Parnall Elf flying on the link above; it doesn’t look like the best landing, I was holding my breath :o! Still, it was down safely so they did well.

 

I’ve never visited the Cliffs of Moher; everyone I know (just three friends, now four ;)) that have been there say that it’s stunning. They also say that it’s very windy and a bit dangerous; to keep well away from the edge!

 

Now I’m going to look for plans for a Parnell Puffin :mental: 

 

Have a great weekend

TonyT

 

:rofl2: How well away do you think I was ??

I wanted to see puffins, However, I saw many other sea birds !

Yes, it was windy, enough to stop the autofocus of my camera !

Good rememberance !! And the Guiness....

Sincerely.

CC

PS My daughter can have some interesting plans indeed, but not that radical ones ... At least not yet :guitar::rofl2:

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/10/2017 at 5:48 PM, corsaircorp said:

Hello Tony,

It was too tempting for me,

My daughter is glad, I bring my 2 kids to the made in asia convention today.

She has cosplayed as Trevor in GTA5

Here she is

WP_20171007_17_58_13_Pro

No doubt.... She's my daughter !!

Amused CC

I once get at the cliffes of moher to see puffins !!

Not the good time of the year ! they were both far more in the north.

I saw the Parnall pipitt in Old Warden, pretty funny too !

Sincerely.

CC

 

Ladies and gentlemen meet the real Laura Croft, auditions for the 2018 Tomb Raider movie !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, JOCKNEY said:

 

Ladies and gentlemen meet the real Laura Croft, auditions for the 2018 Tomb Raider movie !

 

Hello Jockney,

Did you know Watchdogs 2 ??

Here's a female version for Wrench !

25467809658_6838347d8d_b.jpg

25467809718_468cec296d_b.jpg

25467809708_441fd93f1c_b.jpg

Let's say.... No ! can't say Nothing !:blink:

Sincerely.

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...